Right Through the Very Heart of it (Request)

The city that never sleeps: New York, New York. This is the destination of our girl's trip vote and one I think i'll probably hate the most. I was the only one that voted against it wanting instead to go to Seattle and just have a relaxing, calm, slow paced trip. Here I am now, shuffling desperately through my luggage to find a dress to wear for a trip to the clubs tonight trying to buy myself more time to mentally prepare myself for this evening's antics. I tried protesting that as well. I insisted we could opt for something more my speed like a broadway show instead, but Ari and Bella just wouldn't budge and that I HAVE to go. Clubbing it was for tonight's activity then I guess. I had to remind myself that it wasn't just my trip, they deserve their share of activities too.

"Come on girlll, pick a dress so we can gooo!" Bella calls from the couch of the hotel room, already dolled up in her midnight blue skin tight dress, raven black hair curled up in loose waves. Her legs dangled off the arm of the couch and she scrolled through her phone.

"Is it a las vegas extravaganza sparkly red night, or is it a sleek black dress kinda night?" I ask over to Ari who is busy looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. She adjusts her wine red dress and teases at her blond hair. She makes her way over to me and peers over my shoulder as she looks at the two lovely dresses I had in each hand. Her eyes narrow as her gears go in her head.

"Black dress, always made you look super hot. Simple is nice y'know, guys like simple especially in a place where everything is complicated." I wasn't really looking to get lucky tonight, just mingle and see if anyone sticks out. I shove the red dress back into my luggage and bring out the black spaghetti strap ruched dress holding it up to get a good look at it. I don't think I ever got a chance to wear this at home, maybe tonight is a night of trying to be an upgraded version of myself. Ari made a good decision, this was probably more New York speed than the other one. "Now don't be too long getting ready, the fun is waiting for you!" I roll my eyes and step into the bathroom to get myself all gussied up.

When I finally emerged from the bathroom, feeling clean and collected, Ari and Bella's eyes widen and so did their smiles. I give them a whole 360 spin to show off all the goods I got going. I lacked self confidence, but the energy they had buzzing was enough to get me going.

"Look at you baby girl. If I was a lesbian or a guy, i'd eat you up that's how good you look." Bella exclaims.

"Girl I would not want to leave the club without getting your number if I saw you. You look HOT!" Ari chimes in. I feel my confidence soar and I felt a lot better than I did earlier.

"Well, let's head out then ladies!" The girls hoot and holler as we get our shoes on for the night. Despite the good vibes we had going, deep inside I feel a sense of unease in the pit of my stomach, but I play it off as nerves. It's been a while since i've been able to have fun so i'm determined to have fun tonight, dance with my girls, meet someone, get a little loose. I've been so uptight all the time that maybe decompressing and letting go is what my spirit craves and needs.

We walk down the crowded streets of times square, the lights of the signs are so bright it almost seems like it's still daytime. The streets are packed with people who have somewhere to be, zany street performers doing their thing with swarms of people around them, cars that never stop honking, and people never stop shouting. People kept bumping into me, cat calling after me, and staring. It's all starting to get a little overwhelming and I feel a sense of dread rising deep in the lowest part of my abdomen and my chest. It all slowly started building and nearly becoming too much for my senses and I tried to ignore the instinct to run back to the hotel room and hide under the covers for the rest of the night.

"Guys? How much farther? Getting a little cramped and anxious here." I ask as we keep our stride down the side walk, men yelling obscenities to us with a hunger for exotic attention.