Letting Loose ⚠️

"Get the FUCK out of MY house." I threw his suitcase of clothes out of the second story window and watched it fall onto the lawn with a loud thump that echoed through the whole neighborhood. I turn around to look at Devin and I glared at him. He smirked and walked towards me with open arms.

"C'mon baby, you know I didn't mean it." He places his lips on mine and I shove him off, reel back my hand, and give him a hearty open palm slap across his cheek. "Ow! What the hell!?"

"First off: don't 'baby' me, i'm over the charms. Second: The HELL do you mean you didn't mean it? Did you not think when you 'accidentally' slipped your dick into her? Huh, Devin?" He continues rubbing his cheek and I feel proud of myself knowing that'll leave a nice mark for him to explain. "I am dead serious this time. Get out, stay out. I see you back here EVER again and i'm calling the cops." I point to the door for him to leave the room. With a moment's hesitation he finally leaves, I watch from the window as he picks up the suitcase and drag it all the way to his car like the sad sap he is. His guilt tripping won't work on me this time, and i'm pretty sure he notices that because he finally turns around to look at me through the window with a scowl.

"You're a needy bitch. No one will ever put up with you like I did!" He yells before stepping into his car. I didn't say anything back, just slammed the window closed and turned my back. He wasn't worth another breath out of me. I slump down onto the bed face down and scream into the pillow. I don't understand how I forgave him for cheating on me last time, I should've known he would have done it again. I was so naïve and stupid.

I continue mentally beating myself up and seethe in my own rage. My skin feels like it's boiling and I have a tension in my head that feels like there's a stretched rubber band on the verge of snapping. I don't know whether or not I want to murder someone, break something, or just find a stranger and fuck them out of spite of my now tarnished relationship.

"Fuck." I said out loud as I realized I had work tonight down at the bar at 3, I look over at the clock on my nightstand that read 1:00 in red neon numbers. I really don't want to go especially with the range of emotions I was experiencing, but I had already called out of work so many times this month. If I called out one more time my boss would either hate me or fire me, I really don't need the second one happening especially because now i'll be taking on the rent by myself. Even with Devin around, he only paid for the bare minimum so not too much would be changing except a few additional shifts down at the bar. The epiphany of his bullshit only made me even angrier.

I soaked in the tub for a bit to get cleaned up for work and ease my tension just a bit. I take in the scent of lavender and carnations, close my eyes, and gently float my hands through the sudsy waters. It helped a little, but I could feel my nerve endings firing off in annoyance still feeling ready to pounce at any moment. Anything happens at work tonight and I won't hesitate to give someone a piece of my mind, i'm so not in the mood to be dealing with bullshit of any kind.

I drive over to work blasting some metal music to try and release some of my anger by screaming along. Once I step through the door, I can already get a sense of how this shift is gonna go. It wasn't a negative energy, but it wasn't a positive energy either. It was just gonna be the same old same old kind of shift where nothing really happens. Though it'd be boring, i'd rather have that over a high energy night.

"Girl, maybe it's just me, but your RBF is looking extra intimidating today." Trin says from behind the counter. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"I'm not rolling my eyes at you. It's fucking Devin." Her eyes light up and her eyebrows flick up.

"Please tell me..."

"Yup. I'm over it. This time for good, i'm tired of being his play thing." She gives me a big hug and is jumping a little as she holds me.