| 2 | This Is Why I Don't Socialize

My Biggest Fear is that eventually you will see me, the way I see myself. 

| ☆ |

My day was normal. As in, it wasn't at all. 

It was bright and sunny. The courtyard of my high school was filled with students milling around. Thankfully there were no ghosts other then Mrs. Martha. 

Mrs. Martha was sweet though. She sat there on the fountain in the middle of the courtyard, knitting. Even where I stood - by the front gates - I could see her flickering form. 

I never personally talked to her but I did do some research on her after I found out her name. 

It was quite funny how I learned her name. Last year, some Senior asked a freshman their name and Mrs. Martha answered.

"Why! If you must know it Martha. But its Mrs. Martha to you sunny boy" she said, knitting what looked like a hat. 

She soon realized that he couldn't hear her and I didn't miss the look of disappointment on her face when I walked past her last year. 

After some research, I found out that she use to work here at Sunny Brooke High School. She died of heart failure at her house and clearly found her way to her favorite place. The school she use to work at. 

Ghosts like her show me that while most ghosts were cruel, some weren't. I've seen her stop students from bullying others, I heard her lecture students. 

Sometime last year, I worked up the courage to sit next to her with a book and an apple. As I ate my lunch, she would talk to herself. She knew a the gossip amoung the students and even the teachers. She started to talk to me personally. 

"Why hello again missy! Don't you have any friends? Why eat your lunch - a very small lunch, you should eat more kiddo - and listen to old me talk?" She paused before laughing "Well, you can't hear me  anyway!!" 

I tugged on the school jacket, realizing I had dozed off. I glanced around, glad no one noticed. I panicked when I saw everyone had there uniform different. I stood out. And I hated it. 

I quickly shrugged out of my navy blue and gold cuffed jacket. Everyone else didn't have it on. I loosened my tie, pulled up my navy blue skirt showing a little more of skin. I pushed up sleeves of my white button-up shirt, past my elbows and yanked my knee-high socks up to the top of my knee. I officially looked like everyone else. I blended right in. 

I set off down the gravel driveway with everyone else. 

I may have blended in with my uniform but my hair stood out. It was a pretty ash brown, lighter then most girls hair, it was almost a dirty blonde color. Last year, short hair was the "thing", so I cut my hair. Somehow over the summer, all the girls' hair grew back and everyone had golden brown curls that fell past their shoulders. I still had last year's bob. I stood out like a sore thumb. 

I felt my cheeks heat up and it spread up into my ears. I grabbed them, blushing even harder knowing that my ears were a bright cherry red  I moved to the side of the walkway and slowly walked past the gym. 

The gym was separated from the main building by a little "alleyway". It was small and it opened up to the back of both buildings. 

I reached that little "alleyway and continued to walk past, my mind on my first period class. Suddenly I was yanked backwards into the alley and thrown against the wall in the back. 

I was disappointed in myself. I didn't scream and didn't fight back, I just allowed myself to be pulled down the alley. 

Three girls stood in front of me. They blocked me off from running. I relaxed a bit. I would rather deal with girls then boys.