Chapter 14

I don't own One Piece or it's characters :)

"You bastard! You're gonna pay for this!" Nami growled as she was dropped on the humid, hard floor of a cave along with Iryann, who was still directing an icy glare towards the red-hair.

Strangely enough, Itami did not answer, and just backed up towards the wall, leaning on it as he folded his arms in front of his chest, a dark expression in his eyes that made Nami huff and look away from him.

'What's wrong with this guy?' The navigator thought.

"My, my, aren't we the feisty ones..." A chill ran down Nami's spine as a cold voice like she'd never heard before echoed through the cave. The way Iryann tensed and shuddered made her realize immediately who it was.

Gulping Nami lifted her eyes towards the figure in the other end of the cavern. He was almost pure white. His skin pale and his white long hair in combination with a pure white Yukata making him look like nothing but a ghost. The only thing that spoiled the whiteness of his figure was his black waistband. "Apparently all that is said about the Cunning Cat Nami is absolutely true."

"Kaien..." The sheer hatred that distilled from Iryann's voice made Nami look at her with worry, she had never seen her friend like that. The man's approaching chuckle made her eyes dart towards him once again as he walked slowly towards them.

As he got closer, Nami was able to see his face clearly, pale like the moon, it was his eyes what made her shudder in fear, golden irises that seemed to shine in the darkness like those of a predator approaching its prey. The scar that crossed his left eye, joining with another one that crossed his left cheek and his lips, forming an X on the man's left side of his face only served to make his figure that more menacing.

The white man crouched in front of Iryann, grabbing her chin with a pale hand, and forcing her to look at him in the eyes. "Don't worry, princess, I have not forgotten about you." His smirk was so heartless and lacking of humanity that Nami felt a knot form in her throat, which she forced herself to swallow, not wanting to cry in the man's presence.

Iryann spat in Kaien's face, making him retreat with a scowl and hatred flaming in his eyes. "Where's Datte?!"

After cleaning his face with his sleeve nonchalantly, Kaien gasped with fake concern. "Oh my, how could I forget! What kind of a host would I be if I didn't let you see your beloved friend after such a long time of waiting... you must forgive me, my dear, it seems as though I am getting quite forgetful these days..." Nami felt her lip curl up in a scowl at the man's scorn, and frowned as she felt Iryann start trembling beside her. "Oh wait, I should untie you first, shouldn't I? After all, how will you b able to run to him otherwise?"

With a snap of his fingers, the dark chains that bound them disappeared in a trail of smoke, allowing them to move their sore limbs freely. Kaien smirked once more, and his eyes darted towards the darkness of the cave. "Why don't you step forward and greet dear Iry-chan, Datte?"

The two girls followed his line of sight and waited in expectation. As soon as the echo of paces started reverberating through the dripping of the cavern, Iryann sprinted towards the approaching figure.

Nami's eyes narrowed. 'Something's not right...'

"Datte!" Iryann cried, feeling that tears of relief had started to form in her eyes. "Datte, thank god you're okay!" She hugged the man with all her strength, holding on to him for dear life as soon as he stepped into the light of the cave, not bothering to look up to see his face. However, when she realized he was not reacting at all, she noticed something was really wrong, and hesitantly raised her eyes towards his face.