Perfect Strangers

Y/N's POV 

The streets of Brighton are humid and dry, the moon providing just enough light for me to see the waves gently lapping the pebble beach. The wind makes my hair dance and I breathe in the salty air. It's summer, and the night's are shorter, but that doesn't stop me from taking walks along the town, Brighton is incredibly beautiful after all. I stop and stretch my arms before leaning against a railing, my eyes focused on the sea. The bars are busy tonight, the sound of cheerful laughter and chatter muffled by the waves. 

However, he's still there. I felt his presence as soon as I had stepped out of my house. I could feel his eyes settle on me. I heard his footsteps, slow and quiet but I did not acknowledge it. I never caught a glimpse of him but I knew he was always there. Summer isn't the only reason I go out for these walks, it's also because of him. I smile as I hear his footsteps get louder until they're right next to me. I continue to stare out to the sea, and he follows my gaze. His arms rest on the railing and I can hear his slow and steady breaths. 
"What's the reason?" I ask, my voice just above a whisper. I still don't look at him, I don't need to. 
"When I first met you, you asked the same question." He replies and we both laugh softly. 
"Yet you still haven't answered." I hear him sigh and from the corner of my eyes, I see him turn around and lean his back against the railing, his eyes on me. Yet, I still don't look at him. 
"When we first met, you were not scared that I followed you. You weren't even dazed when I didn't answer your question. You surprised me lass, that's what you did." I smile, my mind retracing all the memories we've had, the endless conversations about nothing that we shared, the jokes and the disagreements. 
"I wasn't surprised because I knew better than to be out late walking by myself, I was scared, I just didn't show it."
"If you were so scared, why did you come out the next day?" He asks, his gaze never leaving me. 
"After we had talked, I was intrigued, you were different, really different." I slowly turn my head around to face him and he smiles, his eyes a pretty dark blue, his hair perfectly tousled by the wind, his face has a slight glow thanks to the streetlight above us. 
"You're different too. You didn't walk away when I told you who I really am. You didn't flinch. You're fearless. I love that about you." His head tilts and I smile, our faces so close yet so far to each other. His elbows rest against the railing his back still to it. A lazy smile rests on his face and I can't help but return it. 

"I don't want us to be strangers anymore, we've perfected it." I say and he nods, still smiling. 
"I've been wanting to say that too, what we have is too precious to be lost." I feel my eyes crinkle as my smile gets bigger. I lean into him, and he happily pulls me towards him, his arms slowly wrapping themselves around my waist. His lips brush against mine and I smile, my heart racing. Our lips press against each other, my hands cupping his face, my eyes are closed as I savour this moment. His arms loosen against my waist as we slowly pull away, my hands now resting on his chest. Our eyes meet each other, dreamy smiles planted on both our faces. There's no need to say anything, everything we needed to say had been said. 

This is probably really confusing. Sorry about that. Alsooooo, sorry that I haven't updated in a bit, I lost inspiration and at one point I felt distant from this fandom. But that's behind me! I'm back and I have some inspiration!