bookstore ↠ s.kōshi

sugawara loved the bookstore he worked at. it always made him feel so many different things. though he didn't know what exactly made him feel so at-home, the retro items put around the store as decoration made him feel like he was thrown into the past, but at the same time, the matching dark oak bookshelves, wall, and nicely polished floor in addition to the hanging potted plants and other greenery made him feel like he was in a quiet forest. every day felt like a small adventure into a place you don't know yet are so familiar with. it didn't make sense, he knew, but that's how he felt.

he liked to observe the different people who came into the store. not in a creepy, stalkerlike way, but he loved seeing how everyone had different reactions to the store. some people's eyes would light up in a way like no other while they rushed off to one section. others would sigh, sounding relieved. then there were the people who looked like they just came into the land of their dreams... it was beautiful.

on this particular day, there weren't so many customers. sugawara stared at the ceiling. has he watered the hanging plants yet? yes? no? oh wait, he did. a familiar ting-a-ling of a bell caught his attention. a girl with [hair length] [hair colour] hair entered the store, smiling softly before disappearing behind one of the dark brown bookshelves. and wow, she was pretty. after a good 20 to 30 minutes, the girl left the store. she didn't go to the counter or exit with a book. when she came in, she had nothing to hide any books either. sugawara waved it off. maybe she was just here to check some books.

but that wasn't the last time he saw her. he saw the same girl again the next day, and the next again. she always stayed for roughly the same amount of time, and always leaving with nothing more than she had brought in. sugawara started to wonder: why can't she just buy a book? or borrow one at the library? is she just reading books for the hell of it? once again, he brushed off these questions. after all, he did want to see her face again.

𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 : 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 : 𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚