Chapter 8

The following day I am heading up in the elevator, and the doors are about to close, and someone's hand slides through, and in walks Steve.
Shit, I forgot to cancel yesterday.

"Too good to call me?" He says in a rude temperament as he gives me the most pissed-off stare-down. Guess he remembered.

"Oh, Steve, I am so sorry I completely forgot I had to stay late and work, and I just lost track of time." I ramble on, wishing this elevator would open right now.

"Then make it up to me," he said simply, but it kind of sounded like he had an attitude. The shitty asshole kind of attitude.

"Look, Steve, I need to be straight with you. I think you're a great guy, but I'm just not into you, in a romantic way."

He moves in, and I nervously back up into the wall.

"You think I wanted to date you or woo you? I just wanted to fuck you." He leaned in close to me, causing me to stiffen. I could feel smell his stale breath close being so close to my mouth.

"Steve, you're a nasty asshole."

He grabbed my breasts and squeezed them hard and aggressively. Then he gripped my hands hard and placed them above my head as I tried to push him away. He had me pinned so I couldn't move. His hand ran up my thigh without warning. He moved my panties off to the side and shoved his fingers hard inside me. Nooo.

I brought my knee up to his crotch hard, and he fell to his knees.

"You bitch!" He was barely able to speak.

The doors opened, and I stepped out. I hurried to my desk, feeling my heart sprint madly. I quickly posed myself dabbing my eyes with a tissue. I hadn't heard Caleb come up until I heard him speak.

"Earth to Myka? Hello?"

"Huh?" I turned in my seat and saw Caleb leaning against my desk. He looked amazing. His smile suddenly fades.

"Hey, are you okay?" He moved in and brushed my hair off my face. My stomach fluttered. My head felt like it was spinning. Not in a dizzy way, more like an excited floaty feeling as if this isn't real. Those feel-good feelings that you just want to hold onto.

"I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm good. Best sleep I've had in a long time. I think it was your food." He winked at me.

"My coma food?" I laughed softly, but my laughter turned into a crying fit.

"Shit, Myka, are you okay?" He leaned in and touched my arm.

"Yeah, just hormonal." I head to the washroom to clean myself up and regroup.

I am patting my face dry when I see Caleb walk in and lean against the wall behind me. His eyes are gazing helplessly into mine. "What's going on, and don't give me that hormonal bullshit coverup." He moved slowly towards me and stood behind me. Close enough for me to feel the undeniable heat but not too close to where I could feel his body. His eyes did not falter or look away.

"You'll think I'm being sensitive." I wiped at a few tears that ran down my face.

"Come on, Myka, you know me, I would never think that. Talk to me." I see in his soft eyes and gentle expression on his face that he means it.

"Steve was in the elevator with me, and he said a few hurtful things."
I lower my eyes feeling them sting as more tears welled up. Caleb tilts my chin up and looks straight into my eyes. His ocean blue locked in place with mine. He doesn't say a word. He lets me gather my thoughts.

"He said you think I actually wanted to date you or woo you? I just wanted to fuck you. He then leaned in right close to me. I was scared that he seemed to switch so quickly from fake nice to evil nice."