𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐤𝐲 | Kazunari Miyoshi

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: [ Aligator Sky - Owl City ]

Requested by darlicht

"Where was I when the rockets came to life,
And carried you away into the alligator sky,
Even though I'll never know what's up ahead,
I'm never letting go, I'm never letting go!"

You were an enigma in the eyes of Kazunari Miyoshi.

Whenever he saw you in the corner of his eyes, through the crowds of people he's considered friends, you always sat on the corner, living in your own little world as if you were the only person who existed in it. There was also that empty look in your eyes, one that seemed to have accepted the role you've given yourself; a societal outcast, one that differed from the others around you.

Although you barely spoke to anyone, aside from your best friend -the more outgoing Yosano Akiko- it was no secret that you were passionate about your art. Your paintings were soft, foreshadowing the kindness you had hidden in your heart, but nostalgic and melancholic. There was always something about your art that made you stand out from the rest of the crowd, and it made you stand out to Kazunari.

That was probably the reason why he wanted to get to know you so desperately.

He knew better than just approaching you out of nowhere. He noticed you get uncomfortable when extroverts just appear all of a sudden like pop-up ads, so he tried to think of better ways to get your attention.

The gods seemed to be in his favor as well.

While he was visiting a cafe that had gotten popular in Veludo Way recently, he found it convenient for him when he realized that the only empty spot left was with you. After getting his order, he made his way to your table.

"Excuse me?"

No answer. You had your eyes focused on a novel before you. He cleared his throat this time and tapped your shoulder with his free hand. You looked up from your novel, [eye color] eyes wide with curiosity and surprise that astonished him inside. He smiled casually at you.

"Sorry to bother you, mind if I sit? There's no empty table around."

You surveyed the room, seemingly unaware of the sea of people within the cafe that had been empty just a few moments earlier. You nodded, "Sure."

His smile seemed to widened as he set his tray across yours, peeking at the cover of the novel in your hands.

"Cutout Paper Hearts,'" He read aloud, "Isn't there a manga version of that?"

Her eyes seemed to light up in the slightest when he mentioned it and it didn't go unnoticed by him. "Yeah," She said, "Have you read it?"

"Yeah! My roommate actually lent it to me once and it was pretty good! Hiromi-sensei had a unique way of storytelling, and paired with Yoshikawa-sensei's awesome art just makes it a lot better!"

"I agree," A gentle smile was evident on your face as you held up the novel in front of him, "This is actually a light novel about Shiraishi's past. I heard they plan on adding it in the anime they're going to be creating about it soon."

Kazunari watched with amusement as you shared your opinions about the story. Even stopping a few times to apologize for your talkativeness even though he told you he didn't mind it. However, the day seemed to end without your knowledge and by the time the both of you looked out the window, the sky was nothing but a dark shade of blue with a handful of stars that appeared more like specks of dust in the surface of the inky canvas of the sky.