𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐨 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐭 | Yuki Rurikawa

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: [ I Love You So Much, You'll Know It - Wang Jun Qi (ENG COVER by Ysabelle Cuevas) ]

Requested by: JasminejimR

 ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

"I like your eyes, you look away when you pretend not to care,I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear,I like you more the world may know, but don't be scared'Cause I'm falling deeper baby be prepared..."

The petals floated in the air, dancing momentarily as they relished the clearness of the cerulean sky before gently fluttering down onto the cold concrete. Perhaps seeing one petal fall would have been the same as watching the last autumn leaf fall, but in this case, the petals from the cherry blossom trees all danced in the air together, it was surprising that the trees didn't run out of them, it was as if the petals that had fallen were quickly replaced with new ones, only to fall once again and repeat the cycle.

Yuki watched the flower petals showering down from the trees as he waited outside St. Flora's gate. One might assume that he was impatient with the way he was tapping his foot against the ground, but the expression on his face contradicted that. He honestly didn't mind it that much with a view like this.

He perked up slightly upon hearing a bunch of footsteps, growing louder as it seemed to hurry towards him. He stopped leaning against the gate and turned around, only to be greeted by a sunflower smile, gazing happily at her sun. You had a guitar case strapped to your back as you held your backpack on one hand.

"Hey, Yuki-kun! Sorry you had to wait for me," You said, walking next to him as he proceeded down the now empty path. It was only moments earlier when he saw that same road being littered by students from St. Flora, even students from other schools who took that road home. The concrete was empty with only flower petals to cover it, mixed with the golden color of the setting sun as it dyed the entire town. 

It was routine for the both of you to walk home together. However, you had band practice during Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, even though you didn't want to bother Yuki with having him to wait for you, you were surprised when one day, you saw him waiting for you outside the gate.   

You asked him about it, but he didn't give you a proper response, only stating words that most likely made him sound like what he did wasn't a big deal. In reality, his consideration and kindness warmed your heart. 

Perhaps that was why you adored him so much.

As you distracted yourself with the scenery of the wind scattering the cherry blossoms in the air, and the shifting hues of the burning sky during sun set hours, Yuki stole quiet glances of you. Blissfully enjoying the silence along with the gentle smile on your face. 

Yuki already knew you like the back of his hand. Being childhood friends since grade school, he grew a soft spot for you. That didn't stop him from being contrary every now and then, of course, but the atmosphere was always peaceful between the both of you. You were equal parts social and quiet, and one of the most understanding people he knew his entire life. Other than that, you were basically the only person who never judged him, and the only person other than himself who knew him well.

"The school festival is coming up soon, do you plan on inviting your friends?" You asked all of a sudden, turning to look at him. He swiftly averted his gaze, silently hoping you didn't catch him.