𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | Misumi Ikaruga

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: [ Through The Night - IU ]

Requested byThoaiphuongNguyen

 ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

"Tonight, I'll send the glow of a firefly
To somewhere near your window
It's that I love you,"

 It had been a few years since you saw your childhood friend, Misumi. He was the first person you met, that was your age, when you moved into the neighborhood. He had a refreshing personality that always made it easy for you to forget your worries, so whenever he was around, you were always smiling.

Although you were aware of the situation with his family, you tried your best to make it better for him, as he always did for you. Supporting him along the way and reassuring him that you were there for him. 

So when you found out that he went missing all of a sudden, your heart shattered, leaving nothing but the fragments of your memories with him. You visited his house every so often to ask his little brother, Madoka, if he had been found yet or if there was any attempt in searching for him. But much to your disappointment, he told you that his parents made no attempt to look for him any further, they didn't even seem to care that Misumi went missing. 

He gave you no choice but to move on, but you promised yourself not to forget him. The boy who was unloved by his family, but cherished by you. You always wore the golden butterfly hair clip he gave you on your 13th birthday, the sides appeared to look like triangles, a reminder of his obsession with them, the thought of it made you smile.

You hoped one day you would see him again, praying every night that he was safe and sound, that he would find happiness in the things or people he loved. You knew that no one could replace him, his spot in your heart remained and it would until the day you breathed your last breath. A recollection of your dear friend.

"Just like the letters on the sand,
Where waves were,
I feel you disappear
To a far off place,
I always miss you..."

Misumi always kept you in his mind. Although his childhood wasn't the best, the only good thing he remembered about it was his grandfather and you. In his pocket, he had a photo of the two of you together during your 13th birthday, when you wore the butterfly clip he gave you that day.

One day, he learned that photos could mean many things to a person, it stored memories, precious ones, and the one he always kept was no different. Every time he looked at it, he replayed the memories in his mind, remembering the days where you two smiled like nothing else in the world mattered.

You took his hand and he kept you close. You smiled at him like he was your world.

He often wondered where you were now, how you were, and if you were happy. He wondered how you looked. You were both the same age now, you must have grown into a fine lady by now, living your life the way you wanted it to be.

That's how you were. Strong-willed, beautiful, and determined. Unwavering even underneath the cumulonimbus clouds that rained on your life, grey skies that tried to dim your light did nothing to dull it. He liked that about you. He liked everything about you.