Epilogue

A bulky sand-colored dragon flapped her wings, flying over the ocean. Her eyes only looked down, as if she was sad. Rain pattered on her scales, darkening them as she flew in the rain.

"Are you okay, Drought?" Another dragon asked the hybrid. "You miss Nightmare, don't you?" She asked.

"Relax, we still have no idea if he was captured or not," a large IceWing rumbled. He flicked his tail, his dark eyes scanning the line of the trees. "We've a long way to go before we reach the Ice Kingdom."

"What about me, Numb?" Drought asked. "You and Silverfish can go there, but I'm not even made for the Ice Kingdom. Where would I even go?"

"To the Kingdom of Sand, I guess. Queen Desolate is pretty chill, from what I've heard," Numb responded. "But.. you must be sad leaving us."

"I am quite sad, actually. Sad that I'll never see Nightmare again, and sad that I have no idea what happened to him!" Drought cried, her eyes closing.

Silverfish glanced at the hybrid, her tail lifting to touch her friend's back. "Nightmare is alive and well, where ever he is right now," she soothed, smiling softly.

"Maybe not as well as you think," Numb suddenly sighed. "I was still there when you two ran. Queen Fissure decided to spare me for some reason. Nightmare tried to attack her, but she didn't get burned. It must of been animus magic. I'm not sure if he was captured, or if he escaped though, because Queen Fissure and Queen Bramble forced me out of there," Numb sighed.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Drought snapped, flicking her barbed tail. "Numb!" She growled.

"I'm sorry. But I figured right when we left the Mud Kingdom, it wasn't the right time to tell you," Numb whined. "Forgive me, please."

"It's fine, I guess," Drought mumbled. 

"Look!" Silverfish gasped. Her arm lifted, one of her talons extending forward to point at a dark dragon flying towards them.

Numb hissed, his tail lashing. "NightWing!" He warned.

The NightWing was flying towards them, his giant star-filled wings beating the air as he flew towards them. The rain began letting up slowly as the dark gray clouds cleared, and Silverfish could see that one of his black horns was snapped in half, and his dark blue scales shimmered as sunlight bathed the dragons. "Hey!" He called.

Numb slowed down, his arm swaying to the side to stop Drought and Silverfish from going any further. "What?" He hissed.

The dark blue NightWing flew closer, then stopped, hovering above the swampy land. "Have you seen a jet-black dragon? Orange stars in his wings, green eyes, a horn on his snout?" 

Silverfish and Drought looked at eachother, their eyes widening. Numb glanced at the two hybrids, his dark eyes clouding with understandment. "Yes! That's Nightmare!" They said.

"Oh, so you've seen him! Is he okay?" The NightWing asked, his eyes pleading. "His sister is really worried."

"We're not sure. Queen Fissure might have gotten him," Drought sighed. "He got trapped in Queen Bramble's prison. He released the prisoners and had a battle with the MudWings, but I'm not sure what happened when Queen Fissure showed up."

"I told him he shouldn't of gone there!" The NightWing grumbled.

"Can.. we... meet his family?" Silverfish suddenly asked. 

"I'll take you to them," the NightWing rumbled. "I'm Moonsplitter, by the way," he said, flicking his tail. Silverfish suddenly noticed the silver teardrop-scale on the corner of his eyes. He's a mind-reader!