•|| Chapter 2 ||•

The best proof of love , is trust.

▪︎|▪︎|▪︎|▪︎

His steps wobbled along with his thumping heart. Everything came crashing the moment he heard Mr. Dutta addressing his Anika, his Anika? No, she is married and he has been in love with a married woman from the past one year. His love was an extra marital affair. Thinking of the word made him cringe, his hurt crushed knowing the other side. Shivaay stood still for few meters leaning towards the mail box.

"Shivaay! "Anika's huffing scream made him straighten up and briskly walk towards the exit of the block.

"Shivaay wait! Listen to me, please." As much as it was difficult for Shivaay to walk away from Annika even after hearing her scream, it was the same to Annika to run and match his speed with the saree she wore.

Nothing went into Shivaay's ears except Mr. Dutta's words, neither Annika's scream nor her pleas. He was walking towards his car parked in the parking lot.

"Shivaay " as Annika caught his elbow , his raged red eye snapped at Annika. But she wasn't one to leave him just for his glare.

"Shivaay, listen to me! Whatever you saw up." His palms in front of her face made her stop abruptly.

" Shut up Ms. Dutta! Or should I say Mrs. Annika Ryaan? Whatever I heard up was enough for me to know who you are and what you are. So, leave and stay happy with your so-called husband." He was jealous then hurt now. Someone was already her husband, where he should have been.

"Shivaay no! please listen to me. I didn't know they were coming here. Otherwise I wouldn't have called you , in fact I wanted to confess something about this only." she tried her level best to stop him , but he was adamant in shoving her hands time to time.

" You wanted to confess that you were already married? Wow! Just wow! Really Annika? Don't you think it's very soon for you to confess?" his taunt made her close her eyes.

"Shivaay , i should have told you long before , I know. But please listen to me?"

" What should I listen to you Annika? That our relationship was just a time pass for you?" that was a wrong chord . Annika snapped opening her eyes , did he just say that.

"Don't you even dare glare at me! You don't have the right to tell or explain anything. And I have nothing to do with you! We are over." His body was shaking in anger.

Annika just stood there looking at the retreating car with tears rolling down. She felt someone's presence standing beside holding her shoulders. Her head automatically rested on the person's chest sobbing while his hands rubbed her arms.

" Annika, you've been transferred to the Bandra Branch. You need to report there." The receptionist informed Annika who was in the verge of going inside Shivaay's floor.

"But Leena , why suddenly?"

" No idea Annika, it's Shivaay sir's order. I guess you need to leave now." Leena knew about Annika and Shivaay. Still she was apprehensive about Shivaay's decision to transfer Annika.

" Leena, I need to meet Shivaay." Annika made way towards his cabin while Leena blocked her way.

"Annika , you can't , Shivaay sir is in an important meeting. He is not free now. And also you need to report " Leena knew the consequence of letting Annika in now. Even though Shivaay didn't have any meeting but he strictly ordered her to not leave Annika meet him.