Chapter One- Kidnapped!

A young handsome teenage boy with jet-black hair sheathed his sword, making little noise. He stood up from the ground and turned towards a fifteen- year-old girl with dark brown hair and eyes.

        “How’s the gateway, Lydia?” he asked.

        Lydia, who was busy fixing the gateway frowned and replied, “It’s almost done. I must admit. This is the most complicated gateway I’ve ever seen. It seems to be able to move. Its position is different from the last time Clair used it.”

        Pausing for a while, she eyed the group of knights who were standing further off in a small group discussing some matters of the country. “Do you really think it’s necessary to have such a big group of knights following us in this mission? Don’t you think it would be better if they were doing something useful instead?”

        Felix looked at the group of knights and said, “I may be the General, but it’s the Queen’s orders to have them accompany us.”

        Lydia nodded. “Yeah, but, don’t you think it would endanger Clair’s life even more if a whole group of big, fat, burly knights accompany her to her destination? We’re not doing a parade you know?”

        “Tell that to the queen.”

        Lydia quickly finished the finishing touches on the gateway and stood up. “Well, I think having you to protect Princess Clair would be enough. After all, you’re the Realm’s best swordsman.”

        Felix gathered up his belongings. “I see you’ve finished the repairing of the gateway.”

        Lydia nodded. “However, I’m afraid that this temporary repair won’t last. This gateway is old and unused for a very long time. I assume that when Princess Clair accidentally went through the gateway, several of the strings came out that was not repairable. The repair I made will probably last for a day or two and the whole gateway will collapse down. Therefore, please make sure that you find Princess Clair using the shortest amount of time possible. If the gateway collapses, you’ll be trapped on the other side for eternity.”

        Felix nodded. He went over to the group of knights and gave them a few orders. After leaving Lydia in charge of them, he then stepped into the gateway. Biting her lip, Lydia muttered. “The countdown begins.”

*******

        Felix exited the gateway and landed silently on the grassy ground below. The night was chilly and he shivered a little. He stood up and looked around the park he had landed on. So, this is Earth, he thought.

        He saw swings, slides and see-saws around him. But there was no one to be found in the park. Not even a single shadow or presence. He closed his eyes and concentrated, reaching out with his mind.

        Not far away from him, he sensed someone with a strong and powerful life force approaching him. With no more than a swish of his cloak, he quickly climbed up a huge tree where he could have a good view below.

        He frowned. Something’s wrong. I thought Wizard Jack said that the people on Earth do not have the ability to use wizardry. However, this life force that I’m sensing has to be a wizard’s. I can sense the magic inside her. She has to be someone from my realm. But who is it? Felix tensed as an unwelcoming thought popped into his head. Could it be a foe?

        A young lady with waist-long honey-blonde hair tied up into a neat ponytail walked to one of the benches under the huge tree Felix was hiding in and sat down. There was no light so Felix couldn’t see the lady’s face.