Act 1 - Chapter 5

Akane grabbed a bag of bread off the cupboard and quickly put on his small backpack, packing some food and drinks inside as well as a notebook and a pen. As he kept rummaging around in the kitchen, Haru looked at him in confusion. He finally decided to speak up and break the awkward silence in the room.

"Hey, erm- Akane? What is that for?" Haru asked, leaning on the doorframe. Akane gave him a quick glance before returning to packing random objects in his backpack.

"Oh- It's for me and Kira. She told me to meet her at the park today after class."

"Isn't her class after three o' clock pm?" Haru gestured to the clock, and it was about an hour past noon. Akane brushed the idea off and replied, "Well, I'm gonna be walking there and I'm probably gonna stroll for a little while before we meet up." He explained, pulling the zipper on his backpack and locking it shut. He stood up and wore it behind him and gave Haru a quick wave before shutting the door behind him.

Haru sighed, "Well. Might as well clean the house while he's headed out." He twirled a dry rug in his finger before starting to wipe the cabinets and furniture clean of dust.

Akane had his hands in his pockets, not knowing what to expect or what to see when he arrives. He was deep in thoughts. What was the plane ticket about? Why did Kira ask him about the color of the sky?

He glanced up, questioning himself. "What does she mean? Isn't the sky always this color- Maybe when it sets it changes but-" He shook his head. "Surely that's not what she meant, right?" He continued his walk and was silent. By the time he made it to the park, he had been thinking of Kira as he took a stroll. Some children were playing with their families, and there were some couples having a picnic. Akane scoffed and brushed the idea off. But it had hit his mind for some time now, did he like Kira? Or was it just pure confusion?

With all the sudden events the past five days, he didn't know what to say or do. But for now, he just wanted to meet with Kira and listen to whatever she had to say to him, and the reason why she wanted to meet up with him in their spot in the park.

He kept glancing into his phone as time passes, seemingly taking forever. He had only been there for fifteen minutes, and Kira wouldn't be out of class for another hour. He sat down a bench by the small pond the park had for the geese that always came there during the early summer.

He paused for a moment and grabbed a piece of bread he had, tossing some to the geese. Some of which happily took and ate. He had a smile to his face and continued to stroll around before heading to their spot.

By the time he got there, he was a few minutes too early.

_____________________________

A/N: Might as well listen to Coldplay - O (Fly On) during this part, trust me. It's worth having the background music. ^w^

_____________________________

"Might as well wait for- Kira?" He looked at her with surprised eyes. Kira sat down at the bench, staring at the water that flowed down in front of her by the fences. Akane walked up to her and sat beside her. "You're a bit early." He said, breaking the silence between them. Kira glanced at him and smiled. "Nah, you're late." She joked, in which Akane shot her back with a raised eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah, really." Kira giggled. "Kidding, duh. I didn't attend class today."

"What? Why?"

"Because my flight back to Russia is tomorrow."

Akane was in shock. He was sure that Kira wouldn't go back home until graduation. Full of curiosity he asked, "How come?"

"My mother wants to go back to work for the Russian Air Force, so of course I need to tag along. But you don't have to worry, Shimada. I'm not gonna die just yet." She joked, but then she fell into silence. Akane gave her a glance and sighed. "So today's your last day, huh?" He asked, and she nodded. "I wanted to have some fun before I leave but I kinda' can't because, my mom's gonna find out." She explained.