Act 2 - Chapter 1

"Kira, poshli. My opozdayem na nash reys. (Kira, let's go. We'll be late for our flight." Natasha opened the taxi door and went out to the back of the car to place their baggage. She gave Kira a glance and put her hands on her waist. "Chego ty zhdesh'? (What are you waiting for?)"

Kira sighed and placed her bags in the trunk of the car. She soon entered the backseat and looked out the window, deep in thoughts. The car ride went smoothly as Natasha expected and after a few hours in silence, she finally asked Kira. "Ty dumayesh' ob etom mal'chike? (Are you thinking of that boy?)" 

With a sigh, Kira shook her head. "No, mother. I'm just unsure of what the future holds." She excused.

"You better not be thinking of Shimada again. You know what's at stake." Her mother explained.

Kira didn't mind to what her mother wanted for her. She knew it had to come at some point. She just hoped that after all of this, she could just have a normal life.

Natasha Vasiliev was an ex-pilot for the Russian Air Force. After having Kira, she had to retire for some time. She decided that after a few years, she would have Kira to take her place and turn her into one of the air force's top aces. Though she had explained it to Kira, the young girl wanted to live a normal life, away from the skies above. But to her dissapointment, Natasha gave her a choice. To either become a pilot, or lose her academic privilege. She chose her mother's option, but in exchange for that, she lost most of her built friendships, apart from Shimada.

But being entirely unaware of the events unfolding, Natasha had been part of a private Russian Armed Forces group. But the group was decommissioned and she had been part of the main Russian Air Force. Now, the group has been coming back together to prove a point to the Russian government, and Natasha was a part of it.

As their movements remained in ignorance, the group had already slowly taken over the Russian Federation and are making movements with their military, some of which had been executed and some forced to do the group's commands. The Russian president had been kept hostage just recently, and the media had been suppressed to hide the group's movements. But Natasha knew that it would only be a matter of time before neighboring countries would find out and wage war to take back the country. In order to avoid that, she knew that she'd have to invade neighboring countries as well.

Kira despised her mother's plans, but she had to follow them. As they were dropped off at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Kira took a breath as she grabbed her bags from the trunk of the car. 

"Kira, potoropis'. (Kira, hurry up.)" Natasha called out as she walked towards a man in a sort of uniform, he was tall and looked around his mid-forties.

She groaned and walked after her mother as she talked with the man.

"Kira, I want you to meet the leader of the group I'm working for. This is Alexandrov Vasiliev." Natasha introduced Kira to the man, and she reluctantly shook his hand.

"Khoroshego dnya, ser. (Good day, sir.)" Kira greeted.

"Oh, you speak Russian." The man commented. "Tebe tozhe. (To you as well.)" He smiled.

"This is your father." Natasha added. To her uttermost shock, Kira backed off. "Father? What do you mean father?!" She glanced at her mother and back at the man. "You? You're my father?"

"Yes, Kira. I'm your father."

"How the hell could you come back after fifteen fucking years?!" She glared at her mother, awaiting for her answer. Natasha scoffed and replied, "Shouldn't you be grateful that your father is here, Kira?" She shot her daughter back with a look, and Kira frowned. 

"Do you think it would be just casual for me to just- I dunno, be like, "Oh hey dad, welcome back?"" Kira shook her head. "Oh, I'm sorry for disappointing your expectations, mother-"

Natasha slapped her and cut her off. "Watch your mouth, child." She said coldly. Kira glared at her with tears in her eyes as she stood up.

"Let's go. Before I get pissed off you even more." Natasha turned away from her daughter and continued to talk with Alexandrov.

Kira had completely despised her mother ever since. She had longed for her father's love but she never knew him as a child. Now she finds out he's here all this time and her mother probably thinks that she's not even going to care.

She was silent all the way, listening to the faint chatters of her mother and father. She looked out the airport windows to see a small, private jet that was probably her father's. She didn't care, she didn't want to do anything apart from ask what her father has been up to. She didn't want to be with her mother at the very moment. She wanted to ask about her father and why did he suddenly vanish from her childhood.

As they entered the private aircraft, her father went into the cockpit and started his pre-flight checklist. Natasha had sat inside the aircraft and waited. Kira went past her and sat at the very end of the plane, putting her headphones on and avoiding any contact with any person or even her mother.

Natasha didn't mind. In the end, Kira would have to follow her orders. She knew this. She had her plans, all she needs to do now is to make Kira the best she could be, at least in her eyes.

For the next eleven hours, the trip was like any other airplane trip. Silence, the sound of the airtight cabin doors kept even the slightest noise from being heard. Kira had fallen asleep listening to music from her phone. She just wanted to rest, she didn't want to experience any other problems with her mother for now. She just wanted time to herself, not wanting anyone else to disturb her.

Natasha soon came up to her, carrying a blanket. She moved over to Kira's seat and covered her daughter.

She sighed, kissing her forehead softly. "Though this is for your sake, you're still my daughter. Though you may hate me after this, I understand that." She whispered to herself. She slowly moved back to her seat and let out a breath.

Kira didn't respond. She had heard every word of her mother, and for the first time she had felt that her mother actually did care for her even a little bit. Though it was true that she hated her for not treating her like a daughter, she was still her mother. Without her, She wouldn't be in her place now. Kira had thoughts about this and decided to not think about it for the time being. She had to get some rest. She leaned back in her seat and turned towards the window, clutching the blanket in her fingers. The dark sky loomed outside the oval glass and reflected starlight, which was an amazing sight to see. Kira looked in awe at the sky and smiled to herself.

Maybe this isn't that bad after all.