Part 11

Author's note: Hey everyone!
If you haven't read my new fic, Daughter, yet, the first chapter is up if you feel like reading something else by me.

After this chapter, there are only 3 more chapters left (and an epilogue), so I guess you should get ready LOL
This chapter begins exactly where the last chapter ended. (Season 2 episode 9)
I hope you enjoy and if you have moment to spear, leave me a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

**********

"Today surprised me." Andy confesses. She leans against the railing, and moves forward just a little bit to close the distance between her and Sullivan, who looks at her with attentive eyes. Their elbows are touching, and she just has to shift her balance a little bit for her lips to meet his.

They have been friends for four months now, just friends, nothing more. Yet his presence around the station makes her feel flirty, audacious. The sight of him back in those dark navy uniform make that thing deep inside her core ignite again, make her remember all the times they have been sneaking around the station when no one noticed.

"I expected it to be so boring. But I actually made a real difference for someone today. And it turned out to be a great outcome."

"I am glad." He says, and he looks genuinely happy for her. By now the left side of her body is pressed against his right. There is something comforting in him being this close, without any of them making a big deal out of it.

"Me too."

"I had a pretty good day too. We saved a patient with congestive heart failure, and we got his car to start." Sullivan brags, and Andy can't help but answer him.

"Yeah, well I have treated a fugitive with a fake amnesia and lied to a few cops so she could say goodbye to her son." He smiles at her, and she uses that moment to slide in between his arms, her back is pressed against the railing and she is trapped by his entire body.

"Why do you have to make everything a competition, Herrera?" He asks, and there is barely an inch left between their bodies now.

She tilts her head to one side, and bites her lower lip suggestively. She can feel the unavoidable sexual tension in the air around them, almost forming a bubble of a sort. "Well, there is one area in which other men have no competition when it comes to you." She flickers her eyes down to the seam of his pants, then looks back up at him.

She knows he understood her not so subtle hint when he blushes, and she smiles triumphantly at him.

"Is that so?" He asks, not backing down. "Unlike what women might think, men don't always compare themselves to each other."

"Oh, so I guess you will have to take my word for that."

"I guess I will." He chuckles, and then they hear someone clearing their throat behind them.

Shit.

They have been so wrapped up in each other they didn't notice someone was listening to their very much not safe for work conversation the entire time.

Sullivan goes off of her as fast as he could, revealing her father standing in front of her, his arms crossed around his body. His face is a bright shade of red and he looks as if he is about to explode in any moment now.

"I should go." Sullivan mutters as he points in the direction of the stairs.

"Yes, you should." Pruitt agrees as her captain flies down the stairs, avoiding what is ought to be a huge family quarrel.

He can handle a near death experience, he can handle rescuing helpless people from a burning building, he can pull her out of a collapsing apartment, but apparently seeing her father angry is just too much for his ability.