6) The Encounter & Revival of Fading Memories

Asalamualikum, please make sure you aren't missing any prayer before reading this :")

Hope you enjoy!!the attachment is  optional ;)  it's a very nice nasheed, try listening to  it while reading :")

Chapter Name: The Encounter & Revival Of Fading Memories 

Maria's P.O.V

I wasn't exactly as rich as Haya's family was but that never came in between our unbreakable friendship. Haya was "The perfect friend" one could ask for.

Our bond was Forever ✌

We both walked up the stairs towards my apartment.  "Home sweet home! " Haya sang as we got inside. For some reason she always said that  every time she came over. She said that my house was cozy,  and welcoming.

I doubt.

She ran off to the kitchen, "Hey! wait up Haya I think M-" 

"Oh-uh"

Haya's P.O.V

After  saying my usual ritual, I headed off to the kitchen, happily loosening my head scarf, Mariah usually spend the day by herself since her parents both worked, just like mine.

Probably one of the reasons why we're such great friends.

I looked back at Mariah while walking and suddenly crashed into something hard, I mean real solid hard. I could have sworn there wasn't a  wall there. That's how well I know this place.

I looked up to see what magical invention caused this disturbance. 

My eyes widened, its not possible. I rubbed my eyes trying to dismiss my imagination but it was useless. 

 The rubbing worked all those years why not now? It couldn't be, He stood before me.  Mustafa stood right in front of me.

"I-I forgot, really I can-"   I couldn't hear the rest of what Mariah had to say.

His eyes widened as he saw me and he quickly shoved his phone in his pocket. I  probably looked like a fool sitting there on the floor.

I still assumed that i was dreaming so for the heck of it I once again looked up but his perfect frame was blocked out by my bangs.

My bangs? 

I hurriedly  grabbed my scarf which might have fallen off during the sudden jerk and slipped it on. I was about to get up when I saw Mustafa holding out his hand.

"No thanks"  I said while looking anywhere but his eyes. I shot  glares at my best friend who was nicely watching the scene eating popcorn.

I walked up to her room and into her small balcony letting  out  my frustration as I repeatedly hit the brick wall.

Causing harm was not my way of getting out of problems.

He brought the worst in me, never before, but now.

Mariah rushed outside and saw my bruised hand "Haya calm down.. it's fine, nothing happened, you were just surprised! "  

She got back in and cleaned the cut.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  I asked sadness clear in my voice. 

"I'm sorry I completely forgot or I wouldn't have.  

when i didn't respond she continued.

"Now you can't blame me only, it's about time you get over the past.  It's been 4 years now. " Mariah said.