9) Presumptions & Responsibilities

السﻻم عليكم
Make sure you aren't forgetting any prayer before reading!& Enjoy!

 Chapter Name: Presumptions & Responsibilities 

Haya Hassan's P.O.V

Deathly silence encompassed the room besides the interjection of some beeping object.It was most probably my alarm. I couldn't and wouldn't  be bothered.

The beeping continued for a long time, and soon  I could sense the chili atmosphere in the room.

Not long passed before I heard an extremely familiar voice, "she's not up yet, although I'm glad  it's nothing serious. I'll go home now, and just give me a call whenever she's up and you know your job, but this time take extra care"

"In sha Allah" said the other very familiar voice. This voice I could detect, it was Yusuf.  Why are men in my room? and who are they waiting for.

I wondered who it was and why they were here until there was utter silence. I then, decided to finally get up from my 'beauty sleep'. I tried lifting my head, but failed as my head felt painfully heavy and onn top of that  I couldn't open my eyes!

I silently prayed, and tried once again, and this time my attempt was successful.  I used my  elbows to hold my body up, as I adjusted my eyes to the dimly lighted room,  it took  a while to register where I was. I lay in a room with white walls which gave off an unpleasant feeling. I then looked at the machines I was wired to, no way, I couldn't be a hospital!

Just as I was about to get panicked, I heard the door open, and walked in a very tired looking Yousef.

"Shhh!!. .Don't speak, Haya! " yousef warned me. Feeling defeated I gave him a weak smile, urging him to speak.

"No biggie, just you know my little and only sister was playing tricks with her life! Like I said no biggie.." yousef said looking out of the window, but I wasn't stupid, not to detect the sarcasm in his voice.

"What are you talking about,Yousef ?" I asked, my eyebrows drawn together in confusion 

"Haya" he sighed. 

"Yes, Yousef? " I asked getting more confused then ever.

Yousef looked at me in disbelief, running a hand through his curls. Turning to face me he said, "why'd you eat pills? " His eyes clearly showing hurt.

Was I still dreaming? "Hun? What are you talking about -"

Before I could finish my sentence,  the door opened a lady in her 40s made her appearance 

She held a register  and wore a warm smile.

"Good morning Sir Mustafa,"  said the lady. "It's Yousef" yousef corrected politely. "Yea, I came just a while ago..." Yousef continued and the lady nodded understandingly. 

So does that mean Mustafa was here?

I felt a weird feeling in my heart at the mention of his name. the lady continued after going over her register. "Well, we've taken all tests and  total requirements and seems that there  had been no intake of any sort of pills before the incident. "

"But I don't understand doctor!" Yousef said getting frustrated.

 Ohh so that's who she is ,the doctor.

And I'm still trying to figure out why Mustafa was here or if he was even here! 

Yousef'sP.O.V