4

"but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life"

Betty's eyes fluttered open as the sun seeped in from the blinds. She groaned in response to morning, unamused that she would have to meet Veronica and Archie in an hour. Betty smiled as she remembered Jughead would also be meeting up with them.

A smile played on her face as she breathed in a strong sent of what she assumed was Jughead's cologne, coming from the hoodie she had stolen from him the night before.

She took a long breath and then stepped into the shower. The reminiscing thought of his lips on hers kept Betty in the shower longer than she should've been.

Stepping out of the shower made her body shudder from lack of warmth. She wrapped a towel around her body before leaving the bathroom and throwing on a sweater and jeans.

Betty laid her hands on her hips and thought about what else was left to pack. It was sweet of Veronica to book hotels for everyone, but Betty found it pretty unnecessary since their apartment is six minutes away, but Veronica has insisted upon it.

Betty made her way to pops with her luggage rolling around in her trunk as she drove. She opened her car door and instantly spelled the iconic pops smell. The familiar scent of Jughead cologne came up behind her.

"Hey, Betts," Jughead said opening the door for her.

"Jughead." Betty smiled as she walked through the door.

"Archie and Veronica should be pulling in soon." He looked out the window as Betty slipped into her usual booth.

"Sit." Betty motioned him to sit in the booth across from her. He gave her a sweet smile before sliding into the booth. Betty peered out the window, spotting Archie and Veronica climbing out of their Black GMC Acadia, and walking into the diner.

Veronica shot betty a smile as she slid in the booth with Jughead.

"Hey, guys." Jughead started.

"I haven't seen you in a while, jug." Archie shook his hand.

"How come I only just met jughead last night?" Betty was honestly offended.

"Jugheads just not around enough to socialize with people from Riverdale," Veronica stated. "Speaking of Jughead...when do you plan on heading back to Toledo?" She asked turning to look at him.

"I was thinking tomorrow." He shrugged.

"Tomorrow?" Archie and Betty replied in unison. A smile crept onto jughead's face after hearing their response.

"I'm a busy man." Jughead chuckled.

"Oh please...if by busy you mean scuffling down cheeseburgers and blasting 21 guns on repeat in your tiny ass cabin in the middle of nowhere." Veronica rolled her eyes.

"That's exactly what I mean." He shot back with.

"What happened to moving to Riverdale?" Archie asked. Jughead shrugged.

"I never found a house." Jughead looked down at the menu.

"Jughead you know my dad could've hooked you up with something nice." Veronica looked over at him.

"I don't want him to go through all that trouble, Ronnie." Jughead looked over at her. "And besides I'll go nowhere I'd I'm not doing anything for myself." He concluded.

"Alright...well at least stay for one more night." Veronica insisted.

"No can do..."

"Why?" Betty asked, finally speaking.

"I have cars to fix." He informed her.

"You fix cars?" Betty asked, "you never told me that."

"We also just met." Jughead chuckled, breaking Betty into a wide smile.

"That's true."

"Okay well...Archie and I should get going or else we'll miss our flight." Veronica steppes our of the booth along with everyone else.

"I'm gonna miss you." Betty said exchanging hugs with Veronica and Archie.

"Good luck on that honeymoon." Jughead said with a wink. Veronica gave him a stern look in exchange.

Jughead and Betty were left alone on the booth.

"Tell me about yourself." Betty finally said.

"This feels like a date." Jughead laughed. Betty shrugged.

"I want to know you."

"I'm leaving tomorrow and we're probably not gonna see each other for a while." Jughead looked at her.

"Whats the hurt in a few questions?" She asked him.

"I guess a few wouldn't hurt." He paused, "as long as I can ask a few of my own." Jughead asked.

"Sure..." she replied.

"Wanna get out of here?" He questioned. Betty nodded vigorously and lifted herself from the booth.

Soon enough the ended up in Jughead's car.

"You first." Jughead started the car.

"Were you raised in Toledo?" Betty asked.

"Yes."

"What's home like?"

"I wake up, I eat breakfast, I drive a mile to my workspace, I work on some cars, get back at around ten at night, watch some tv, and then crash on my couch or bed." He started to drive away...pops becoming smaller from distance.

"Do you have a good relationship with your dad?" She asked.

"Yes for the most part." He paused, "just like any relationship we have our fights, but in the end we have each other." He shrugged.

"Are there any hobbies you enjoy, besides working on the cars?"

"Writing, photography, listening to music." He shrugged, "I don't do much."

"I write too..." a smile appeared on her face, "I actually work for my mom at the Riverdale Register."

"Is that the newspaper?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Next question." He stated.

"When did you get into Green Day?" She asked. Jughead shrugged at the question.

"My dad used to play it all the time, and I kinda of grew to love it." He shrugged once again before a silence fell upon the two.

"Your turn." Betty finally spoke.

"How did you and Veronica meet?"

"School." Was all she said.

"That's it? Just school?" He chuckled at her bland answer.

"I was giving her a tour." She shrugged.

"How's my sweatshirt doing?" He asked.

"That's your question?" Betty couldn't hide the smile that was forming.

"Yes."

"Your sweatshirt is great." She giggled.

"What's your last name?"

"Cooper." Betty blushes a bit.

"Betty cooper...I like it." He paused again before asking his next question, "you mentioned yesterday how you were moving out...do you already have a place?" He asked.

"Mhm."

"Why did you agree to runaway with me last night?" Jughead smirked.

"It was something different..."

"What was different?" He was curious,

"You." She looked over at him.

............................................................

sorry for the short chapter!