12

Weeks later...

"I'm dreading leaving this bed." Betty played with jugheads fingers as she spoke.

"We have to get on the road at some point." He looked at her.

"Or...I can just stay with you, in this cabin for the rest of my life." She looked over at him with a playful smirk.

"As much as we'd both love that, your new house is waiting for you." He kissed the temple of her forehead.

She groaned in response.

"Why couldn't we have met before I bought this fucking house."

Jughead chuckled in response.

"I'll still visit." He told her.

"Once a month is not enough for me, I'm sorry." She propped herself on her elbows, facing him.
"And your terrible cellphone service."

"It will work out, babe."

"Babe? That's a new one...I like it." She played with a ring he wore on his finger. "What's the ring for?"

"My sister gave it to me when I went away to college, she claimed it was a way to remember her by." He smiled.

"Does she not realize how cute her face is, that is unforgettable." Betty giggled.

"I guess not."

"Ugh, I'm gonna miss jelly," Betty pouted.

"What about me?"

"You know damn well I'm gonna miss you, more than anything." Betty kissed his cheek.

"I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." He chuckled.

"I'm gonna go get a glass of water." Betty said getting up, slipping on one of jugheads t-shirts.

She made her way to the kitchen and filled up a glass of water, when jugheads phone dinged.

"Someone just texted you..." Betty called out. She knew it was none of her business, but she was human, and she was curious, so she read the messages.

Monica: hey I'm in town
Monica: Wanna grab a drink?
Monica: or we can do other things ;)

"Who the fuck is Monica?" Betty said to herself.

"What?" Jughead asked standing in the door way. He had put on his sweatpants while she was in the kitchen.

"Who the fuck is Monica." She asked louder.

"She's...she's no one." He took his phone and threw it on the couch.

"So a monica girl didn't just text you asking you to grab a drink?" Betty shouted.

"She's not important."

"Oh she's not? So the the red hearts around her name mean nothing." She scoffed at him. "I swear to god jughead Jones, if you have a girlfriend-"

"She's not my girlfriend!" He cut her off, "god damn."

Betty shook her head as she pulled her hair back.

"You know, this conversation wouldn't have happened if you stayed out of my phone."

"I'm sorry I'm human, I'm sorry I don't want a cheating ass boyfriend."

"I'm not cheating on you! Monica isn't important." He paused, "shes no one."

"She's obviously someone, and if you don't tell me who the fuck she is, I'm leaving and I'm taking your car."

"She's just an old friend."

"A friend?" She doesn't seem like 'a friend' jughead."

"Well she is, she means nothing to me." He raises his voice.

"You couldn't come up with a better response? That's literally what they all say."

"We hooked up in college that's it."

Betty crosses her arms.

"How am I supposed to believe you?" Betty rolled her eyes.

"Because I love you." Jughead stammered.

Betty shook her head.

"What the hell did you just say." She stepped closer to her.

"I love you, betty." He looked at her.

"You can't..." she looked at him, "do that." "You can't do that jughead, you can't love me."

"Why the hell not? It's my feelings, you're the one I love-"

"Would you stop saying that! How could you love me? There is nothing to love about me." Her voice raises with every word.

"Everything. I love everything about you."

Betty looked at him.

"You've known me for two months, how do you even know!"

"I just do, okay!" He stepped closer to her. "I love you betty."

Betty took a deep breath.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, and then you can drive me home." She walked away from him, and stepped into the shower.

"Fuck!" He sighed.

Jughead could hear her singing to herself from the outside of the bathroom. With a sigh, he slowly opened the bathroom door.

"Jug?" Betty asked.

He didn't answer he just removed his clothes, and stepped into the shower.

"Yeah." He whispered in her ear. A smirk creeped onto her face as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"What are you doing in here?" She whispered staring at the wall.

He began kissing her neck.

"Jug." She moaned. "Don't stop."

"I wasn't planning on it."

Sorry for not updating I've been so so busy, and my dad is sick, I hope you understand, I will try to update both my aus on my Instagram and this story, I may or may not have another book coming out soon, I'm not sure if I will be releasing it anytime soon