Chapter One//Training Session

(A/N ~ Warning for self-harm, depression, and suicidal description).

Cling

Two katanas and twin sais slide against each other in the dojo. Low snarls and growls mixing in with sounds of grunts and metal clashing against metal. Emerald eyes glare viciously at blue, tempting to snap each other like a saw. Raphael and Leonardo refuse to shatter though, because whoever breaks at words or hard looks of others are a coward. A coward with no honor.

Across the room, Donatello and Michelangelo spar one another, Splinter making some occasional comments to help with their posture.

"Yamete," the turtle's sensei announces, running his fingers through his long, gray beard.

Everyone stops and goes back to their initial seats, kneeling in front of their sensei.

"That is enough practice for the day. You may go," sensei says sounding pleased with his sons.

"Hai sensei," a chorus echos to him.

The turtles depart to do their own separate activities. Michelangelo goes to the kitchen to snack. Donny goes to his lab to work on another experiment. Leo goes to the couch to continue watching his favorite show. And finally Raphael goes to his room.

Raph slams the door behind him.

Stupid Leonerdo, he cusses to himself. So perfect. Such a perfect son.

Raph plops down on his bed and throws his hands to his face.

Stupid Leonerdo...