(3)

an hour passed with twelve pills digested by the younger, mark clenched his teeth in worry and anticipation.

"you sure you're fine? twelve is a lot, most people would be," he gulped, "delirious."

but the boy only scoffed, still playing his switch with ease. "what do you really take me for, minhyung. i survived a lot of things, eating twelve of them is not going to make me weak. i told you, i reached twenty-nine just fine."

renjun looked fine, of course. mark will never admit he was a tad disappointed with the lack of show, but it impresses him enough to see his tolerance this high. he wouldn't say the same thing for himself, he remembered how being drugged to sleep felt like.

mark didn't really last long.

his phone starts beeping, signalling the end of five minutes. renjun put down his game console and took another pill- a blue heart this time- and swallowed it.

mark doing his duty, writing down his observation for each take. there wasn't a need to test renjun's instincts because he definitely is sober right now. only when he starts showing signs will they take it to defense assessment.

at least for now,

"get back here you damn fish!"

mark will let the boy enjoy his time.