Chapter Four

Adora POV:
    "What should I have?" Glimmer asked as she looked through the menu.
    "I'm gonna have the chocolate swirl." Bow said.
    "That doesn't answer my question." Glimmer put down the menu and crossed her arms.
    "Just get the Cherry Vanilla." I said.
    "What about you Adora?" Bow asked, while staking the menus on top of each other.
    "Oh I'll just have a kiwi strawberry." Bow flashed a bright smile at me. I look over at Glimmer who still has her arms crossed, and staring at the table. I put my hand on her shoulder.
    "Still a little upset about my roommate, she seems so rude. I don't think I can put up with her for a year!" Glimmer said.
    "You can always hang out in my dorm if you want."
    "And when we all have no class we can come here and then go to my dorm to watch movies." Bow squeaked, Glimmer and I laughed at Bow excitement.
    "Sounds great guys."
A young girl with a pen and a notepad walks up to the table.
    "Hello, I'll be your server. What can I get for you?" She asks, shining a beautiful smile at me.
    "We will have one kiwi strawberry, one cherry vanilla cherry, one chocolate swir, and can we have a small basket of fries." I say as she smiles and writes it down.
    "Alright that will be right out." She says before walking away.
    "Hey I'll be back, I'm going to use the bathroom." Glimmer says.
    "I'll come with." Me and Glimmer stand up and scoot out the booth.
    "I guess I'll use the bathroom too since we are all up." Bow said. We all walk towards the bathroom, Glimmer and I walk into the girls. She rushed to the stall as I fixed my hair in the mirror.
    "So what's going on with you and Bow?"
    "Sadly nothing, I love the guy but sometimes I swear he's dence. I could scream 'I love you' to his face, and he still wouldn't get it." I laugh at her frustration. She has had a crush on Bow long before I was ever in the picture, yet she has always been too scared to make a move. She always thought if he loves her, he'd make the first move. But he never did, and the longer he did the more her heart broke. I can't even describe the pain I saw in her at prom night, because Bow had brought some other girl. I think her name was Perfuma, I had to keep her away from them all night. When we finally got home she cried all night, and all I could do was hold her till she fell asleep. Glimmer has always been a stubborn person, so it was painful to see her so broken.
    "Hurry up, my fries are getting cold." Glimmer goes to wash her hands and then drys them.
    "How does my hair look." She looks in the mirror with insecurity.
    "You look beautiful Glimmer." I put my hand on her shoulder and gave her my best smile.
    "Alright let's go."
    We walk out the bathroom to see Bow with his right leg soaked..
    "What happened?" I ask, I can only imagine how the hell he got his leg wet.
    "Don't ask." He looked at us with a very serious face, but we couldn't take him seriously. Glimmer and I both laughed hysterically as we walked back to the booth. Huh, two people are now occupying the booth next to us. When we sat down we began to drink our shakes, still laughing and questioning Bow. We were having so much fun, none of us noticed the person standing in front of us. They weren't a worker, they wore a floral button up with acid washed cuffed jeans. Their bright green eyes complimented their lime green hair. They had the sides shaven and a long mohawk that reached their waist.
    "Hey there, I'm Double Trouble but my friends call me DT." They ran their fingers through their hair, and gave a devilish smile. It made me shiver in my seat, what do they possibly want?
    "I'm Bow and this is Glimmer and Adora." Glimmer elbowed Bow in the ribs for giving out our names to this stranger,
    "I don't usually do this, but it seems to be that you know my kitten." Kitten? Who is this person?
    "Oh really? Who is it?" Bow asked, I swear this guy is so naive but I guess that's why we love him.
    "She's right here, come here kitten and let's sit with them." DT pointed to the empty booth next to us.
    "I don't see anyone?" Glimmer stated, DT groaned and walked over to the table.
    "You can not hide from social interactions, come on kitten." I heard a loud sigh and saw a person emerge from the seat. I couldn't believe it... it's Catra. I was stunned by her lazy beauty, a storm of butterflies filled my stomach. She noticed and smirked at me, oh god.
    "DT come on let's not ruin their evening." Catra said.
    "Oh it's fine, we don't mind." I managed to say without stuttering, Glimmer then elbowed me in the ribs. I couldn't help it, I wanted to be around her.
    "Perfect." DT said before sitting down, Catra mumbled under her breath and then sat down.
    "So do you go to Bright Moon University?" Bow asks, I look over at Glimmer who is digging her nails into her palms. I gently put my hand on hers, she looks up at me and smiles.
    "Yes I do, I major in fashion and drama. I'm going to be an actor."
    "That's so cool." Bow squealed, I was so focused on calming Glimer down I didn't notice Catra's look. It was directed towards me, but I tried not to act like I didn't notice. Glimmer would probably be jealous, but I guess she caught Catra looking and put her head on my shoulder. I lightly blushed, I don't know why she'd do this. I felt colder the moment she tore her gaze away from me.
    Their conversations went on and on, Catra has yet to look back at me since Glimmer laid her head on my shoulder. She yawned and scooted closer to me, I tapped Bow on his shoulder trying not to move too much.
    "We should head out, she's getting tired."
    "Oh okay, hey you guys want to come with us? We are just going to hang out at my dorm and watch a movie."
    "We would lo-"
    "We have stuff to do." Catra interrupted.
    "That stuff can wait, we are making new friends kitten." They smiled that devilish smile that caused Catra to huff and cross her arms. She looks cute when she's angry, and for the first time in awhile she looks at me. Her heterochromia eyes were hypnotic, I couldn't tear away even if I wanted to. She smirked playfully causing me to heat up, why does she have to be so beautiful.
    "I'll take care of the bill." DT said and whipped out their wallet.
    "That's not fair, let's all split it." Bow protested, but was ignored as DT placed their money on the table. Catra and DT got up first and walked out, I struggled to get Glimmer out of the booth. I carried her bridal style to the car, she nuzzled into my chest.
\    "Hey kitten, can you ride with them? I have something to do real quick." DT asked.
    "Why don't I just go with you?" Catra said while leaning against a black cadillac.
    "Because it will only take a second, don't miss me too much." DT kisses both of Catra's cheek and then gets into the car. Were they dating? I mean I wouldn't care, I'm just curious. Catra sighed and rubbed her temples before looking at me.
    "Alright, let's go or whatever."
    We walked to bow's pink SUV, Catra snickered under her breath. Bow hooped in the front seat as I buckled Glimmer into the front. So that means I am in the back with Catra, great. I can handle this, it's not like we will be sitting right next to each other. Not that that would affect me in any way, I'm just thinking hypothetical. Right? I can be a couple of inches away from her for a 20 minute car ride. I focus all my energy on trying not to drool over her, as she rolls down her window and pulls out a cigarette.
    "You smoke?" I ask.
    "Why, you want a try." She handed me the lit cigarette.
    "Oh no thank you." She shrugs and smokes. Completely and unintentionally our knuckles brushed up against each other, but neither of us moved. I looked at the corner of my eye, and I saw her tan skin turn crimson red. I look at Bow and Glimmer, hoping they don't notice this weak attempt of flirting. My body buzzed with joy, it was hard to contain it for the rest of the car ride. This is insane, I'm acting like an idiot over a girl I just met. Although there is something about her that seems all too familiar, like this isn;t the first time. I don't know, but I hope this isn't the last time.