iii

Hinata, Kageyama, and Nii-chan sat on the floor looking down as Sugawara-senpai scolded them.  "We told you two to stop!  Now Daichi is in trouble with the vice principal!  This could have consequences for the club!"  He sounded like a mother scolding the two making me giggle softly.

"Yeah, you two should've listened!"  Ryu yelled pointing accusingly at the two.

"Don't even think about scolding them, Tanaka!  I told you not to laugh either but you went on laughing!  I may not be as intimidating as Daichi but I'm still vice captain!  You all need to listen up before you cause more trouble!"  Sugawara continued to scold.

"(Y/n)-chan was laughing too!"  Hinata pointed out making me freeze slightly.  I mentally prepared myself for Sugawara-senpai's disappointing stare but it never came.

"She held her laugh in respectfully.  She didn't end up laughing either after those two left.  You three however were in hysteria as soon as they left!"  He turned to Hinata and Kageyama, "You two shouldn't have been rubbing it in about his wig either!  No side whispering about things like that!"

After a couple minutes Sugawara eventually stopped scolding the boys, leaving us all to sit and wait for Sawamura to get back.

"Sugawara-san is kinda scary huh?"  Hinata sat down next to me leaning his head against the stage.

I nodded, "Just a little.  He wasn't even yelling at me and I was a little scared myself."  

Hinata and I continued to make idle chit chat until finally Sawamura-senpai had finally come back.  Hinata, Kageyama, Sugawara, and Nii-chan all stood up lined up together waiting to hear Sawamura's words.  I stood up as well deciding to follow their actions, standing slightly off to the side.

Sawamura sighed before speaking, "Thankfully, the vice principal isn't blaming anyone and isn't asking for an apology.  Just as long as we all agree that we saw nothing."

I watched Sugawara and Nii-chan nod paying close attention to what Sawamura-senpai had to say.  However, when I looked towards Kageyama and Hinata I shivered seeing the obvious tension between the two.  Both of them had nasty glares on their faces aimed at one another.

Sawamura cleared his throat harshly and began to speak up again at both of them, "You two-" He was immediately cut off though as Hinata and Kageyama burst into yet another argument.  Kageyama spoke insult after insult towards the smaller boy and Hinata made attempts to defend himself after each comment.

"Hey."  I flinched hearing Sawamura's dark voice turning to look at his face.  He held a terrifying indescribable expression making me shrink back and waddle to hide behind Sugawara and Nii-chan.  "I want you two to listen to me for a bit."

I looked up seeing Sugawara and Nii-chan gulp nervously the both of them looking down at me.  "You made a good decision hiding here, Tanaka-chan."  Sugawara smiled nervously then directed his attention back towards the other three.

"I don't know your reasons for coming to Karasuno.  I assume, naturally, you're here to win.  Karasuno used to be a top team in the prefecture; we even went to nationals once.  Now, we're among the prefectures best or so.  That means we aren't weak but we aren't strong either.  You may or may not have heard but, other schools refer to us as 'The flightless crows'." Sawamura explained.

"Who the hell came up with that name?  It's a rude ass name that sounds like it's from a poem!"  Nii-chan cut in, thought he was hushed by Sugawara-senpai.

"I remember the first time Karasuno went to nationals.  Watching them compete against strong schools from across the nation in Tokyo's huge gym.  It gave me goosebumps.  It's been decided that we're going there again.  We won't let them call us 'flightless crows' any longer."  As he spoke, Sawamura-senpai held a very proud expression.  His words made me feel excited about his ambitions for the team.