𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢

Xiomara knew that Dolores was everything but normal. The exact opposite in fact. Dolores was her miracle baby. This was firstly due to the fact that she was born without her mother being pregnant and secondly because hours after her birth her mother's mystery illness was cured.

Dolores was a weird kid, and that was putting it lightly. Xiomara never cared about her daughter's strange tendencies. Her girl was weird but happy, and happiness always mattered the most. She never got sick. Not a single lick of childhood illness got to her. No flu, no fevers, nothing of the sort. In fact, nobody in her classes ever got sick either. She was a beacon of health.

And then there was that time she scraped her knee while riding a bike and it healed over in seconds. Yes, Dolores was not a normal kid at all. It wasn't long after her freshman biology class that she discovered that she can completely stop her cells from dying.

That was a grievous error on her part because now she can't figure out how to kill them.

Stuck on the cusp of fifteen Dolores does what any other girl would in that situation. Xiomara and her travel through the south, going to places where the people can't afford to pay for their injuries to be fixed. Whether it is monetary debt or fear of authority, Xiomara and Dolores couldn't care. When she's 20 Dolores makes her miracle act a one-woman show.

(Xiomara was getting old and it was grating on Dolores' nerves.)

It wouldn't matter anyway because it all goes to shit one night in a diner where a whackjob boy tells her that he needs her help to save the world from the apocalypse.

Why?

Because she's the only one to survive it.

Then there's the tricky subject of her future self trying to kill the weird kid and protect her.

But she's sure that that's fine. Completely normal... right?