𝟏.𝟎 𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚑𝚎𝚖

¡ 𝒘𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒔 !

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the kitchen with indignation written over every feature. He lightly set the cutting board down before turning to the place he knew where the bread would be kept. He let out a sigh as his mind was drumming with strategies. He needed some information first, sadly. "What's the date?" He paused knowing none of them would give him the specifics he wanted. "The exact date."

It was Vanya who answered. "Th-the 24th," she said. Her voice sounded so small. She had always been like that Five supposed. Quiet and small. Even her clothes made her look tiny.

 His jaw ticked as he looked over and saw the faces of his bewildered sibling. They were too young, too fool-hearted. They just simply didn't understand. He set the bread down and raised an eyebrow. "Of what?"

"March," Vanya answered again.

Five looked up as if he was doing the calculations in the head whilst he picked two slices from the sleeve. Eight days. Would it be enough? "Good." It would have to be.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked with disbelief written over every feature.

Five didn't answer as he systematically set the bread down on the cutting board, making sure the slices were perfectly even with each other.

"It's been 17 years," Luther said bluntly as he rose from the seat, towering over his not so missing sibling.

He was met with the stony and tired face of Little Number Five. The boy scoffed at him. "It's been a lot longer than that."

The retort left his siblings reeling. Five was thirteen when he left. It was just weeks before their fourteenth birthday. The math checked out... didn't it? In a flash of blue Five disappeared before his giant of a brother and reapeared behind him.

"I haven't missed that," Luther said sourly.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

Five reached out and grabbed the bag of marshmallows before disappearing in blue and reappearing before the cutting board. "The future," he answered. His words were tinted with malice. "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus exclaimed from his spot in the middle of his siblings, seated on the table. 

Five barely even heard his brother as he heaved out a sigh. "I should've listened to the old man." His words were filled with regret, but said so unabashedly it made some wonder if he really even cared. Five was just so apathetic. He turned around to the refrigerator and pulled it open. "He knew, jumping through space is one thing," he said whilst digging through the measly contents of the fridge, Five plucked the peanut butter from it and closed it lightly, "jumping through time is a toss of the dice."