Prologue --- Three-Year-Old Hayden

Introduction:  Here’s the thing about time:  it is relatively constant.  Einstein's theory on time suggests that the only true constant, the speed of light, meant that time can run faster or slower depending on how high you are and how fast you are travelling.  Time doesn’t progress at the same rate for everyone, everywhere. 

 The sun always rises.  And when the day commences, every man is deemed to inhale and exhale, then crawl out of hibernation, brush his teeth, comb his hair, fashion himself up, put on his charcoal black hiking shoes, and head out to the world to see what awaits.  Then, as adventures pass away and the pasty white moon comes out to play, every man is deemed to follow their nighttime routine and go to a temporary slumber until the sun rises again. 

It’s fascinating to know what time truly means.  Every man lives the same minute, but not every minute is the same for every man. Some adventures end for the day in one country, but another is just beginning in another country.  Every meaningful moment that we live, even the ones that we share with others, is entirely different.  In those moments, we have the freedom to choose how we want to live our faith and destiny.  Live in the moment.  Live as if there were no tomorrow because you never know when that moment can be taken.

Flashbacks:  Three-year-old Hayden at Mr. Spence’s house and her home with her narcissistic mother and alcoholic father. One scene is near the left wing, one is near the right wing.
Flashback One - Left Wing
Baby Hayden:  Hayden giggles heard in an echo. she skips merrily on the sidewalk between her home and Mr. Spence’s home with a drawing in her hand.)
Mr. Spence:  (comes out of his house.)
Baby Hayden: Papi!
Mr. Spence:  Hayden, my little blossom. (runs up to Hayden to give her a big hug. Let’s go of her) Oh sweetie, how are you? (Kisses her on her forehead.)
Baby Hayden:  (Giggles) Well today, I memorized the first fifty elements off of the periodic table, and I also finished the whole novel you lend me this week. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. May I say... exquisite. (Hayden starts to get excited and starts to continuously jump up and down). I love Christmas! It’s the best time ever!
Mr. Spence:  (Rubs Hayden’s shoulders)
Baby Hayden:  I also drew you this picture. (Gives Mr. Spencer the picture. She giggles) It’s you and me with a big heart at the top. I hope you like it
Mr. Spence:  (looks at the picture. Looks back at Hayden. He nearly starts to cry.) Oh, sweet precious, I love it! Thank you!
Baby Hayden:  (in the cutest voice possible) You’re welcome!
(they both hug and then let go)
Mr. Spence:  Do you want to go inside? You can help me make cookies.
Baby Hayden:  (claps and one giggle is echoed. Scene froze. Lights deemed. Baby Hayden is walking towards the other side of the stage towards the parents’ bedroom)