Chapter 46

You walked back upstairs and sat on the bed putting the basket of flowers in your lap.

"Do you like them?"
"Like? I love them!"
"Is that all in there?"
"What do you mean?Itachi?"
"Search well in the basket, maybe you will find something else"
"Itachi, what do you...what is that?...", you raised an eyebrow in confusion as you searched carefully through the flowers and roses, slightly gasped when your finger touched a little box that you took from it.

"Open the box", he said, as he can already tell you found it from your gasping.
You did as he said, gently opening the little red box, to find a pendant, a thin and beautiful golden pendant with a rounded ruby in the middle of it.

"Red looks good on you", he said softly as you haven't say anything, totally lost in the beauty of the pendant you just got.
"Thank you, it is...", you said in a low voice, not really finding the words to describe it.
"Now try it on", he said, not like an order but more of a request.
You smiled and stood up from your place and walked toward the mirror, you moved your hair out of the way and placed the pendant around your neck, softly touching the red gemstone with your fingers, when his voice came through the phone again.

"I want to see how it looks on you"
"I will send a photo...", you said as you quickly snapped a photo and send it him.
"Beautiful..."
"You have a very good taste, Itachi"
"I was talking about you, [name]"
"Ah...t-thank you...um..."
"Yes, tell me"
"Why did you send these to me?"
"Do I need a reason to do so?"
"No, that's not what I mean, I just..."
"You deserve them", he said as you didn't say anything else and smilesd, just when you looked backwards at the outside, you saw a lightening strike.

"What's wrong [name]?", he asked, noticing that you have been silence for a while.
"Itachi there is a thunderstorm about to start!", you said in a worried tone.
"So?"
"It feels so close, being in this high building is really-"
"[Name], calm down, you're very safe in there"
"I'm scared!", you said as your heart started beating fast.
"First thing first, close all the curtains", you nodded and quickly did as he said, it feels much better...
"Can you hear the thunder?"
"Not really..."
"That's because the building is soundproof, you will not be disturbed by that at night"
"That's very nice, otherwise I'm up all night", you said with a little nervous chuckle.
"Now get in bed", he said calmly as you then walked back toward the bed.
"Okay"
"Do you feel better now?"
"Yes..."
"Wait a second", you were confused when the call has been disconnected then, where did he go?!

A few seconds later and before your thoughts go wild, he called again, a video chat this time.
You quickly answered it, you forgot the thunderstorm and your fear when you saw him on screen, he put his phone on a handle to chat with you comfortably while he can work on his computer.

"There you are", he said with a little smile as you giggled, you were in great need to see him privately, feel close to him and talk with him.
"Now, why don't you put the phone beside you and lay down, so we can talk until you feel sleepy?", he said as he leaned back in his comfortable seat in his hotel room, you did as he said, laying down in your place and putting your phone beside you so you can talk more.

"So, how was your day?", he asked as he started typing, yet paying attention to what you would say.
"After a busy day at college, I met mom...", you started talking and telling him how your day went as he nodded at you while working on his computer and listening, sipping some tea from his cup every now and then, you two chatted for more time, until you started feeling sleepy.

"[Name]?", he called softly when you didn't answer him, he looked away from his laptop screen at his phone, just to find out that you have already fallen asleep, he didn't try to wake you up, just watched you for some time with a little smile, before he cut off the call and continued his work.

Next day...

"So you have already planned everything together?", Itachi said then took a piece from his chocolate cake while sitting with Sasuke in a nice cafe.
"Yes indeed", Sasuke said resting his cheek in palm smiling at his brother, a cup of bitter black coffee in front of him.
"I will just let you contact the wedding planner directly while I check how everything is going so, where is the princess?", Itachi asked with a smirk.
"She is a little busy today, she will come as soon as she is free", Sasuke said taking a sip from his coffee.

"Sasuke?"
"Yes brother?"
"You have changed...", Itachi said with a smirk slightly narrowing his eyes at his brother.
"Love changes us...", Sasuke said smirking back and slightly shrugging his shoulders.
"Just ut it out already", Itachi said as they both chuckled.
"Well at least I admit it, oh, there she is!", Sasuke was saying, as he then smiled brightly seeing the one he was waiting for coming toward them.

Itachi turned around to see a beautiful young lady coming toward them, she had her dark brown hair in a dut with some bangs loose, a beautiful shiny turquoise eyes, and a gentle yet confident smile on her lips.
"Hello", she greeted them as the two brothers stood up for her, "you have come...", Sasuke said kissing her cheek and holding her hand as he then introduced them to each other formally.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you miss Shio", Itachi said looking at her as they shook hands, then the three of them all sat down and started talking.

The day was Friday, the day Itachi was supposed to come back, you were too excited to see him again as you could hardly concentrate on your lectures. Yesterday he said he will arrive at noon, but whenever you call him he doesn't pick up or answer.
It was four PM, time to leave campus...
You walked through the paved path holding your phone close to your ear, it just keeps ringing, but no answer.

Itachi looked at his phone, you seem quite worried, that's the fifth time you have called ever since you exited the building, usually you stop after two tries, now that's enough playing around, he can't keep you worried for more...

Again, it wasn't answered, instead, you noticed a shadow of someone standing behind you, you flinched as you quickly turned around, just for your frown to turn into a bright smile when you found it was Itachi.