Case 1 : Izuku Finds Out The Horrible Missing Clue

Trigger Warning(s) : Abuse, rape

Izuku sighs into his hands as he throws the last sheet of document to the stacked pile in front of him. The dim lighting of the office and his only presence didn’t help with his mood, not with the troubling case he received 7 months ago. He’s been doing his job as a social worker for 4 years and still counting, he’s taken so many cases before that but this one takes the cake for him.

“Atsushi Yosano, I hope you can wait a little longer…” he muttered into his palm, soaking back up his frustration to look through the documents again. “Just what am I missing?”

“A break.”

Izuku yelps and grasps the front of his shirt in reflex, whipping his red face to the person who sneaked up behind him. He was greeted by a dishevelled purple haired man with eyes that could put an insomniac to shame. The man grins and titters at his reaction as he goes closer to place a McDonald's takeout on the messy desk. Izuku releases a sigh of relief.

“Shinsou-san, i’ve told you so many times to not do that. I have a weak heart,” he lectures with  pout, eyeing the free overtime reward he’s gotten waiting on the desk like a king sitting on his throne. He pushes his chair in towards the desk and clears his throat, “But I will take this McDonald’s takeout as an apology!”

“You don’t have a weak heart, if anything, you’re just a scaredy cat,” Shinsou snickered, hovering over to steal a fry as Izuku protests with a “Hey!”

Shinsou manages to read the document sheet on the top of the pile of papers and let out a suggestive ‘hm’.

“It’s the Atsushi family case,” Izuku clarifies, grabbing the paper and holding it up closer to Shinsou’s face to read. However, it seemed that Shinsou already knew what he was talking about.

“The Yosano girl," Izuku flinched, "the one who constantly gets beaten up by her father, along with the mother. You said you managed to get enough testimony from witnesses who lived on the same floor as the family or worked with the father."

Izuku rakes his hand through his tuff of green hair, the faint sight of eye bags under his eyes suddenly becoming more apparent to Shinsou. "I thought it was finally taken into court weeks ago, what happened?" the man questioned, taking a seat in the empty chair next to Izuku. 

The freckled social worker leans back into his chair and stares firmly at the harsh light from his laptop screen.

"Like I said, there were written testimonies, videos of him shouting at his wife, the daughter on her knees begging because she was protecting her wheel-bounded mother and the last being her own first account of what went on behind the scene," Izuku explained, his voice turning wobbly by the second. He turns to Shinsou, listening intently.

"Go on."

"And this all started from such a stupid reason. Atsushi-san had married Watanabe-san despite knowing she was a divorcee and has her own 13 year old daughter. He didn't care then but for some reason or another, when he and the wife got into an accident during their honeymoon and the wife had to be on a wheelchair for life, he just went berserk! 'Didn't want to fuck a baby into a woman with fucked up legs' was what he said!" Izuku exclaimes, his clenched fists trembling on the seat's armrests.

"Can you believe that?" he asks, his sobs began to show. Shinsou grits his teeth, angered by the husband's comment. "What the fuck did the judge say?"

"The court overruled our recommendations...Said there was no immediate concern. I really thought this was a strong case, I brought up that Yosano-chan may be exposed to family violence and that Watanabe-san may have been abused by Atsushi-san." Izuku explained.