-Chapter 33-

A week later, Chris and Precious were sat inside a small breakfast cafe across town.

With his arm placed over her head on the booth, she shifted closer to him; placing her hand softly on his lap, whilst pushing her head back to gawk up at his face. He lowered his head to flash her a warm smile and she quickly smiled back, before placing the side of his head down on his shoulder.

Despite everything still going on with Frank and Sebastian, they hadn't been able to keep their hands of each other this past week or leave each other's sides. Whether it was laying besides one another and staying up all night to talk about anything and everything or secretly fooling around during the day, their connection and chemistry was electric. It had always been that way, but after everything that they had been through for the past year it was magnified with a thrilling romance, passion and intensity. Everything they've missed about being with each other.

Moments later, Precious lifted her head up from his shoulder to pour syrup on her pancakes, smiled widely as Chris lifted her hand up from his lap and placed a kiss on it. Turning her head back to her right, she leaned in to kiss his lips, and he wasted no time quickly kissing back. Ignoring the stares they were getting from people inside the cafe, they slowly pulled away several seconds later and snickered quietly to themselves at how they aren't able to help their public displays of affection.

Precious lifted her hand to slowly run down his cheek, stopping to trail her fingers through his beard along the way. "I love your beard, I think it makes you look more attractive" she muttered.

"So you're saying I'm not already more attractive without it?" he teased, causing her to laugh. "I was thinking of shaving it off soon".

"I'll help you shave it off again when its getting too long" she gently stroked his chin, staring lovingly into his eyes. With everything that's happened this year and everything that he'd lost, he didn't think he could be this happy again. Happiness was something he had constantly battled with and for all his life. He was the type of person who believed he didn't deserve to be happy or that nothing or no one could ever bring him so much joy and make his heart warm, but now that he was proven wrong, now that he had gotten another chance at happiness after everything he's been through, another chance to be with her again and have her love him even more than she did before, he was going to do everything he could to keep it forever.

"You know..." Precious trailed off, cutting up her pancakes before going to eat it. "The breakfast here is really good, but its still not as good as the ones you make me" she smiled, before going to reach over to pick up a strawberry from his plate. "I think I could eat anything you cook forever, its the best".

"Well in that case..." Chris muttered, wrapping his arm around her neck and pulling her more closer to him. He removed his fancy gold ring from his finger which used to belong to his father, before holding it up to her. "Precious Lawson... will you do me the honors in making me the happiest man in the world and marry me? and I promise to make you delicious food everyday so you'd never go hungry".

"I will" Precious replied, tilting her head to the side, and they erupted into laughter as he slid the ring onto his finger, earning stares from people sat around them.

Chris took her hand and slowly grasped her palm with his thumb, before trailing his eyes up to face her. They stared into each other's for a brief while not saying anything. It was calm and peaceful, despite the chattering and loud murmurs around them.

"I promise that's gonna be a real engagement ring one day and a real proposal... in a couple years, when we're a little older" he murmured quietly.

She smiled widely and leaned in to place a kiss on his lips, before resting her head back down on his shoulder. "I can't wait for a future with you" she intertwined her hand with his around her neck, before shutting her eyes, reeling in the soothing feeling of being in his close warm embrace. She hoped to continue being in his arms like this for a long long time. The happiness it brought her was something she never wanted to take for granted ever again.