Training & shower

Hello, dear readers! I am sorry for the extremely long wait, I hope the length of this chapter can compensate!

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a cloudy day.

The high ceiling and the overall huge space in the room could barely make every child fit inside. Some were excited, others were anxious - especially under the heavy stares the adults in the front were giving them - but one thing was sure: every one of them were proud.

These fifty-four students just passed the genin exam. Isn't it great?

A bunch of kid were chatting together, while some of them preferred to remain quiet in a silent show of professionalism. The normal graduation age was twelve, but because of the war and need for new strength, the school had started to accept almost everyone skilled enough. It made the age of the classroom go around from eleven to fifteen, eleven being the young ones that had sufficient basic skills and fifteen being the teens that decided to enroll late in the academy in hopes of being useful for the village. Most people were in between, as twelve and thirteen. They were in the normal category.

However, in this room, there was one student that didn't fit with this age group.

Each student and adult, as their eyes travelled around the room, couldn't keep their eyes from looking at the Uchiha child - who was laughing with his older friends in the front row - with mixed feelings.

The children were watching in a mixture of awe and incredulity. They had seen him train to exhaustion numerous times, so they could understand how he graduated so early. They really couldn't be angry about it, maybe a tad bit jealous, but in the end they all felt like he deserved it.

The adults - each at the rank of jōnin - were feeling both interested and worried. It didn't matter that the village was in the middle of a war and needed more force or how capable he was, the curly haired kid was just too young.

He was seven. Seven is too young.

Uchiha Shisui was too young.

They, however, couldn't deny that he had some skills. He seemed to absorb lessons after lessons like a sponge. At the point where it became ridiculous, there was nothing stopping that boy. In less than a year, he managed to understand and master every academy subject and becoming the top student of the graduating year. They had no other choice than letting him do the Genin Exam, which he passed with flying colors.

Some were asking themselves how it could be possible. Most prodigies became skilled after being traumatize or something along these lines. They normally have to live through a traumatic event that forged them into always trying to get closer to perfection.

This kid had no traumatic event whatsoever. He had a sweet and loving mother, a proud and respected father, a clan that adored him and a lot of friends. There was no reason for him to be trying that hard, there were no high expectations or duties he had to complete. Sure, he had his father's legacy, but even then, it couldn't be a drive strong enough to make anyone train themselves that hard.

Maybe he was born like that? It was honestly the best explanation they could give at that point.

Footsteps of unnatural rhythm could be heard from far outside the classroom. The adults and some of the clan children could hear it very well, while some of the less experienced students continued their conversation. Eventually, everyone quieted down, the previously chatting students having copied those that became silent around them.

The door flew open and came in their favorite bald haired teacher. One glance and everyone straightened. With his brown cane in hand, he took a step ahead, the adults behind him and the rest of the class in front of him. His lips took a semblance of a grimace - which was the closest they had ever gotten to a smile - as he said. "Hello, class. Congratulations on passing the Genin Exam."