Chapter 5

The following Monday was Hope's first day at work with Kaleb. She had been getting along well in the store, doing whatever Kaleb asked her to do without hesitation. Since the pair were such good friends they were able to talk whilst they worked, of course at this moment in time Kaleb having a laugh to himself at the fact he had to get the step ladder in order for Hope to reach the top shelves.

"Fuck you." Hope tried to say without laughing, stepping up onto the step ladder, throwing her two fingers up at the boy.

"Don't worry Mikaelson, all you lost in height, you got back in your tits." Kaleb said over his shoulder once he began walking away.

"Ugh you're such an asshole!" The girl called after him, beginning to stack the CDs as she did so. "You know I don't play that game."

"What game?" Kaleb asked from across the room. Luckily the store wasn't that big so they could easily talk to each other from opposite ends of the room.

"The straight game." Hope scoffed a laugh.

"Thinking highly of yourself now? I wasn't flirting with you, weirdo." Kaleb chuckled. "Hey do you wanna hear a lesbian joke?" He asked hopefully and Hope looked over her shoulder with a playful glare.

"Not really...but go for it." Hope turned back to the shelf, flipping over the CD case she had in her hand to read the back. "If it's really offensive I'll personally rip your dick off though." She added like it was the most normal thing to say.

"What do two lesbians do when they're on their period?" He asked and hesitated before continuing to the punchline with a laugh. "Finger paint."

"Aw man, that's so gross." Hope turned around and screwed her face up at Kaleb who was finding his own joke way too funny. "Period jokes aren't funny never mind lesbian ones." Hope stepped down from the step ladder and walked across the room with the now empty box which had contained the CDS, giving Kaleb a kick on the passing.

"How is the love life anyway?" The boy asked, finally coming down from his hilarity.

Hope bit back a smile as she grabbed another box of CDs.

"That smile says it all." Kaleb smirked, stopping Hope in her tracks by taking the box off of her. "Who's the girl?" He asked teasingly with a questioning eyebrow.

"I can't say." The girl stared out the window, her mind instantly clouding over with thoughts of Josie. She still didn't know what her and Josie were but they continued to meet up secretly and spend some time with each other.

"Come on, tell me!" Kaleb pushed on, shaking her by the shoulders which she couldn't help but laugh at.

"Fine...but you can't tell anyone because it's a pretty complicated situation." Hope pointed her finger warningly at the man before folding her arms across her chest.

"Okay, okay!" He held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Uh well...her name's Josie..." Hope hesitated and pressed her hand against her forehead because she knew what she was about to say sounded so bad out loud. "Um...She's my English teacher..."

"Woah...that was...unexpected?" Kaleb clasped his hands together and furrowed his brow with a smirk.

"In my defence..." Hope trailed off, placing her hand on her chest. "I met her before I knew she was my teacher."

"Pretty sure I need to add some Van Halen to the shop's playlist." He teased, messing up her hair with his hand as he brushed past her towards the counter, taking a CD off of one of the stands as he passed by.

"If that's the 1984 Van Halen album I swear to god..." Hope stepped over the box of CDs (the ones she was supposed to actually be stacking) before making her way over to Kaleb, who was placing a CD into the stereo that was hooked up to the speakers around the store.