Chapter 1- First impressions

-Song- I Know I'm A Wolf by Young Heretics

--Newt--

There where many horrible things that happened in the maze, one being when a new person was submitted to this place, a place we liked to call the maze.

They're three positions in the glade one being the Runners, two being the Builders and three being the Harvesters and of course there was a leader the first person because there was always someone who had to be the first, that person was Alby. Every month we received a crate of supplies and every now and then, a new member brought here to the glade.

Who ever put us here always wipes our memories of our families and past lives we lived only leaving us with our names, all I knew when I woke up in that dark dusty box was I was newt. It was a unifiable experience for each and every one of us that was brought here. I was the second in command here in the glade, I was a runner... But because I injured my leg in the maze I had no choice other than to quit, I now work as a harvester of the crops and keeper of the live stock and serve as one of the oldest members in glade I have been here three years and we haven't found a way out yet, we are still looking... I think I might be a fool to still have hope in my heart that something in this stupid place might someday change.

It was the start of a new month and all of us expecting new supplies waited excitedly for the sound of the box, its rumble and comforting beeps, I heard it first "The box, the box, it's coming up!" I shouted as all of the boys I now consider my family gathered around to see what new things we would be getting, and it had come, the box had stopped. I walked up to the box and slowly opened the doors as all the guys where asking what was down there, I jumped down to find a girl. A girl?.. I think she is around my age and her dark brown hair slightly curled. She wore a black leather jacket, torn black jeans, a black top made of a flowery lace material with a dark grey layer underneath and she had black lace up boots she had a very nice body and she was very good looking, but I couldn't quite understand how was this possible. She is the first girl we have ever had there must have been a mistake. I picked her up bridal style and shouted out to the others, "it's a girl!?"

I heard a cascade of what's and how's as I lifted her and handed her to Gally who looked just as shocked as I was and I climbed out quickly. We laid her on the ground. I looked her over peacefully she was angelic as she slept and we all just looked at her. There had to be something special about this girl, I just knew it. This however would get her into trouble being not only the only girl here but a beautiful one at that. Just as I was thinking about her she started to move her fingers and suddenly she jolted up, her eyes where grey like a storm cloud, I loved storms...

She crawled backwards growling anomalistically, I had a feeling this was not something all girls did. her eyes flashed glowing ice blue to grey again, she looked at us and then back at me she looked like she was in pain and she was breathing heavily and she suddenly screamed in pain and rolled into a ball on the ground, screaming and crying, many of the men around me where becoming worried for this girl what had those people done to her? Quickly she got up tears streaming down her cheeks and holding her sides desperately as she sprinted inhumanly fast into a wall on the other side of the glade in less then five seconds flat and she tried again only to make it hardly a couple meters from where she was before collapsing on the ground. All the guys, Alby and I sprinted as fast as we could to her, we found her with a tear stained face and lying on the ground in a ball. Other men investigated where she had ran into the wall previously to find she had cracked and indented the wall, which made me think about just how hard she hit the wall. Not a single person spoke astounded by the girl in front of us, she was surly no ordinary girl. She was something else entirely I thought as I picked her up gently exactly as Alby instructed and took her to the cells. I carried her and noticed her getting warmer and warmer until she reached an un-natural temperature and broke into a sweat I placed her in one of the cells as I got Chuck to get me a cloth and some water from the pond. He came back with a bucket of cold water from the pond and a cloth, I soaked it in the water and placed it on her forehead as her breathing became more ragged. We all waited for her to wake up, I desperately wanted to know all she had to say when she woke up so I stayed close and regularly changed the cloth on her head. As I turned around to refresh her cloth she woke up, she looked around shocked, "why am i here? actually where is here?... who are you guys and how did I get here?... who moved me? why am I the only girl and why where you touching me!? what did you do to me!? why can't i remember anything!?" She spoke quickly getting distressed at each passing question that left her lips and rapidly moving away. I gave her a sad look, I knew some of her questions she asked me just now would never be answered and that nobody here could alleviate her fear. Not even Alby.