I don't need protection, I need you // Mena Massoud

You're getting ready for a night out with Mena. You two grew up in the same neighborhood and you've always been a source of motivation for him, whether it be in daily life or the acting realm. You two also have a complicated relationship, the short way to put it is friends with benefits. You both are aware of your romantic feelings for one another but won't pursue anything because Mena won't budge.

You're finishing getting dressed when Mena peeks his head inside your room

M:"any day now princess"

Y:"you know I could've been naked"

M:"nothing I haven't seen before"

Y:"well maybe I wanted some privacy"

Mena senses that something's off with you. You feel his presence still staring at you so you sigh, "what?"

M:"you have something to say?"

Y:"yeah. What are we doing?"

M:"well we're about to go see Mulan in theat—"

Y:"no I mean, our entanglement"

Mena raises an eyebrow, "entanglement?"

Y:"yeah. Why can't we move past it?"

M:"I told you, I don't want you to get attacked by fans"

Y:"I take boxing and self defense classes on the daily, I think I can handle myself"

M:"I don't just mean physically. People can be cruel when they see someone have something or someone that they can't have, I don't want you to get harassed by those people"

Y:"you don't think they'd be enraged by me topping off their fantasy man on the daily?"

Mena blushes, "you do more than that"

Y:"I know, I got your heart too but you won't take mines"

Mena sighs.

Y:"what is it?"

M:"you've always been there for me, more than anyone ever has....but I worry for the day or the reason that you don't anymore"

Y:"you mean you fear that I'll leave you for someone else or lose me forever if we break up?"

Mena nods. You sigh and walk over to take his hands, "I understand how you feel. I always feared that some actress would steal you away and we'd grow apart....but that hasn't happened has it?"

Mena shakes his head. You lift his chin so that he's looking at you, "Fear can stop us from attaining what we want in life. It can serve in danger but in this case it serves as a detriment to us progressing further than friendship. You won't lose me if you give me all of you, but you will lose me if you want me to continue giving you half of me"

M:"what are you saying?"

Y:"I don't want in between anymore, we're either just friends or in a relationship. Your choice"

M:"What if it doesn't work out?"

Y:"Do you really think you can handle being friends with me?"

Mena blushes and shakes his head, "I can't even handle you walking by without my heart racing"

Y:"sooooo?"

Mena chuckles and wraps his arms around your waist, "uHibbuki" (I love you in Arabic)

Y:"is that yes?"

Mena kisses you deeply and holds you tight, "I said I love you. The kiss was the yes"

You smile, jump into his arms, and kiss him again

Mena chuckles and pulls away, "we're missing the movie"

You shrug, "we can make our own"