Confessions

Tears spilled down your face; this was for the best. You had taken so long to get the courage up, but now it was time. You have been flirting for some time with the guy in the top apartment. It all started when you had helped him with his shopping bags, one Saturday.

Over loaded, he kept cursing as he dropped one package after another. Smiling, you had bent down and collected a couple of runaways Do you need a hand? you asked. Your eyes drawing slowly up the guys body, taking in his skinny black Jeans and tight top, swallowing hard as you reached his strong, chiseled jaw. Finally, being absorbed by a pair of the most incredibly beautiful eyes, you had ever seen.

He smiled back, "oh god. thanks", he sighed, smiling back at you. "which floor?" you asked, "er top" he stumbled, appearing embarrassed and not wanting to call it what it was, the penthouse. Okay you thought to yourself, Thats not a cheap place. "I'm on 3" you replied, "but I can ride up with you if you want?" you asked. "Really, that would be amazing but I don't want to put you out" he said, dimples appearing on his impossibly attractive face.

"I've nowt else to do" you replied, cringing a little, Ok, so now I look like a loser, you thought. "So, what is all this online shopping? was it being a drunken, midnight thing?. Ive done that" you say, making him laugh "no, not this time, I just moved in a week ago, so I have been ordering a fair, few necessities" he replied. You looked at the boxes, seeing one was a coffee machine, Oh yes, that is certainly a necessity you smiled again.

Thinking about your first meeting hurt so bad, you chided yourself for allowing your focus to wane. You picked up the phone, pressing the screen, his picture appeared, filling the screen, with a sweet, smiling face. damn it you thought, melting at the image. Hitting call, you listened to the ringing tone, stupidly hoping it to go to voicemail.

"Ahh just the person" he answered. "Really?" you replied, he had already sent you off track, answering differently to how you have practiced, in your head. "Totally, I was just thinking, I could do with checking out this new place, my mates are going on about and I still owe you a date, from the one I had to cancel" his voice was light and cheerful.

You felt guilt, run through you as you knew you were about to destroy his mood. "erm" you stumbled "I can't do that, I actually... I need to talk to you" you said gently. Feeling the atmosphere change "Oh he paused right, do you want to come up or shall I come down?" there was silence as you thought it out, deciding going up meant you could leave if you needed to "I can come up" you said

"ok, see you in a minute" he replied. Hanging up, you checked yourself in the mirror, looking at the dark circles underneath, you looked worn and tired. Lovely you thought. Pulling on your cardi and putting your keys and phone in the pockets.

It seemed to take forever for the lift to come, and even longer to travel to the top. As the doors opened, Taron met you with a small smile. "Hey" he said pulling you into a hug "hey" you mumbled into his neck. Dont smell him Y/N you told yourself , Just don't. The hug was bad enough, you felt safe and warm in his strong arms and he always held you that little bit longer, it was too much.

Tears began to escape the corners of your eyes. Taron pulled back to look at you, eyes full of concern. "okay, come on, come in" he said, taking your hand and leading you into the palatial apartment. You broke his grasp and moved to sit on the armchair. Taron disappeared for a moment returning with a box of tissues, placing them on the table beside you. He sat on the edge of the sofa, as close to you as he could get. You had chosen not to sit on the sofa for this reason, you wanted to avoid faltering and knew the closer to him you were the worse it would be.

"Ok Y/N what is it? You have me a bit worried now" he said, placing a hand on your knee. You placed yours on top, squeezing it, before taking it away and placing it back on his own. He looked at it, and blinked. "I... I cant do this anymore" you stuttered, motioning to him and back to you. Swallowing hard and allowing the tears to fall. "I am not what you want or need, and you have no idea how high maintenance I am"