Almost

I started my treatment 4 days ago and already feel like crap. My body hurts and I am incapable of doing the things I used to do. Rafe visits me every day and stays for hours. I miss those nights sneaking around with him, it felt like nothing could stop us. But cancer is. And it sucks. I want to cry, scream, throw things but I don't have the energy to even try. My hair has already started to fall out. I saw my mother go through this, now everyone else is watching me. I laid in bed rewatching episodes of Greys Anatomy while I waited for Kie to bring me whatever healthy food she was making me now. I had gotten myself up enough to change into Rafes sweatshirt he left and some comfy shorts. 

"Someone is here" My aunt said with a smile as I saw Rafe walk in with a bouquet of sunflowers. 

"Hey beautiful" he leaned down kissing me before he set the vase next to my bed.

"They are beautiful, thank you" I smiled looking at them. 

"I got them from the field we took pictures in" He sat next to me putting his arm around me as I paused the show.

"I wish I could go their" I replied looking at the pictures that hung around my mirror illustrating a better time. 

"Someday" he replied. 

"What have you been up to?" I questioned. 

"Well I went fishing with my Dad this morning and then played golf with Topper and Kelce. Later tonight they are having a party but I don't think I'm going" 

"Rafe just go to the party, I don't want to hold you back from having a good summer. Please go to the party"

"Ella you will be all alone here since your aunt and uncle are leaving for the week and Kie will most likely be at the party or with her friends"

"I will be fine, I don't need to be babysat" 

"Fine I will go"

"You better send me what you are wearing though, you always look good at party" I said making him laugh.

"I miss going to them with you" 

"Me too" he replied as his phone buzzed with a message.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"I gotta go" he said.

"Oh, okay" 

"I love you" He kissed me.

"Love you too" I replied as he left. 

Something has been off with him but I assumed it was just because he was processing everything that we both were going through with this. Its hard for him because he cant really do anything to help me and whenever we hang out I'm always so drained all I can do is lay down and sleep. I feel so bad for him, he doesn't deserve this. I then decided to take a nap.

Rafes POV

"Your sister and her friends are still messing with my money" Barry said as he split up the drugs. 

"You serious?" I asked.

"You need to get her off my back or I will and you wont like it" He got up putting some in his safe.

"I gotta go" I got up.

"Just remember what I said" 

Things have been tough lately. Between having to deal with Barry and having to try to lift Ellas spirits its been challenging. Seeing her struggle breaks my heart, but she is a fighter and I know she will make it. I am meeting Topper and Kelce at Kelces house to get ready for the party.