Chapter 6

Winter's P.O.V

"I did pack everything." I said, looking up from my bag and turning to face my phone. Mom and Dad had facetimed. 

"When did you get so responsible?" Dad asked, proudly. Mom looked at him in disbelieve. 

"Have you remained oblivious the whole time or are you just dumb?" Mom asked incredulously. I laughed. I pretty much got my sarcasm from her. She can roast anyone. 

"Okay folks, I got to run." I said smiling. 

"Stay safe and take care. Keep us updated." Mom said. 

"You worry too much." Dad said, putting an arm around her. Mom moved closer to him and he kissed her hair. 

I put my free hand on my eyes and said, "Is it safe to open my eyes?" Dad chuckled. 

"Okay, gotta go. Dad, take your medicines on time. Mom, try not to stress yourself out or your migraine will get worse. Tell Ciara to study well and keep working hard." I smiled at them. 

"Yes, honey. We will. We love you." Dad said. 

"Dad, no tantrums please. Have your meds. Love you more." I pleaded. I blew a flying kiss and hung up the phone. Dad had hypertension. We had to be very careful. I couldn't afford to lose him. 

I tied some of my hair in a space bun on top and let the others to fall down upon my back. I glanced around my room and shut the door. I went downstairs and saw that my bodyguard Lee had already helped load my stuff into the Uber.

 "All set?" Corbyn asked, walking up to me. He stood beside me watching Lee load my luggage into the Uber. 

"Pretty much." I said, folding my hands. The boys had arrived three hours ago. I made breakfast for them and Jack helped. Zach loved my waffles and made me promise that I'd make him as many as he wants when he comes back. 

Corbyn turned towards me and said, "Winter, I know this is not my place to say anything but Daniel told me about what happened..." He stopped, debating whether it was a good idea or not. 

"Corbyn, you can say what you want." I said, keeping my hand on his arm. He took both my hands in his hands and held them. 

"Winter, you are like a little sister to me. I feel the same love I feel for my sister Ashley towards you. And I would hate to see my sister being mistreated by a guy." He said firmly. 

"I don't care if it's the boys or some stranger. You mean more to us than you know. I already told Christina about you and how much I love you. So the next time, if something like this happens, please don't hide it from me and please don't stop me from murdering that person." He stopped and looked at me. He smiled softly and I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Thank you." I whispered. He has no idea how much that meant to me. The fact that he loves me as much as his sister is itself unbelievable. I swear these boys are diamonds in the rough. I pulled away and smiled at him. 

Daniel came up to us and said, "I see Corbs has already spoken to you." I nodded. 

He put a hand around my neck and said, "This girl is too tall! Why is she as tall as me?" 

I laughed and held the hand he put around me, "Or maybe you're just too short.." 

Daniel pouted but ended up smiling. "I am gonna miss you." Daniel said softly. 

I gave him a side hug and said, "Me too, Danny." 

"Did you just give me a nickname?" Daniel asked, surprised.