Chapter 15

Winter's P.O.V

Holy Satan! Jonah wasn't meant to see me that way! Why does he always turn up at the wrong time? I paced across my green room, continuously massaging my temples. Burning Hell! My head hurts. There was a knock on my door. I took a deep breath and opened. It was Jonah. He was holding a container in his hand. I looked at the container confused. Jonah explained, "Since I know you pretty well, I know that you wouldn't stop the car to eat so I dropped by the cafeteria and got you some noodles. I didn't exactly know what to get." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I mumbled a thank you as I took the container and let him in. We sat there in complete silence till I finished eating. 

"Ready to go?" He asked with a small smile on his face, once I was done. I nodded. I picked up my guitar and headed out. I never go anywhere without my guitar. Today morning, I was forced to send my guitar with the crew. We walked slowly towards the car. I couldn't really talk. Basically, I couldn't face him. I know he has questions and I am not ready to answer them. No one knows about my condition except Nafisa. I don't want anyone to know either. My existence in this world is bothering enough. 

I kept my guitar in the passenger seat and we sat in the backseat of the car. I sat as farther away as I could from Jonah. What I am doing is wrong. I could feel the tension in the air. I kept looking out of the window. "Are you going to say something or not?" Jonah asked, tensed. I didn't answer. I know that I sounded pretty normal, a while ago. But it hit me later that Jonah had to witness that. I heard Jonah sigh. I hate that I am treating him this way but I have no other choice. Right now, I can't face him. When I can, I will apologize. 

"Princess, you can't keep avoiding me." Jonah said, softly. I sighed and looked down. I played with my fingers. Jonah moved closer to me and took my hands in his. "Look up." He said. I didn't.

"Princess, look at me." 

I slowly lifted my head and looked at him. Lines of worry had formed on his forehead. I felt guilty for having him worry about me. I am such a stupid person. "Stop overthinking." Jonah demanded. How can this guy read me? Everybody always told me that I was hard to read. Nobody can guess what's going on in my mind. Instead of replying, I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. I buried my face into his chest. He gently shifted, making me more comfortable in his hold. 

I shut my eyes tightly and Jonah whispered into my ears, "We don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to." 

"Thank you." I mumbled. He slowly stroked my hair. I tightened my hold around his neck. He hummed a few tunes and I realized that my breathing had slowed down. I felt relaxed and... wanted. Warmth flooded through my body and I drifted off to sleep.

"Princess, wake up. We've reached." Jonah gently woke me up. I rubbed my eyes open and saw Jonah staring at me with the softest look in his eyes and the most beautiful smile. I smiled back and yawned, "Good morning!" 

Jonah chuckled, "More like good evening!" I looked around and realized where I was sleeping. Apparently, when I fell asleep, Jonah had shifted me so that my head was on his laps and my hands wrapped around his waist. I quickly got up and placed my hands on my face so that Jonah couldn't see me blush. Great! I can't even handle being close to him.

Jonah had gotten out of the car and opened the door to my side. He offered his hand. I took it and jumped out off the car. I ran my hands through my hair and turned to take my guitar but Jonah beat me to it, "Thank you!" 

I moved forward to take it but Jonah took a step back and said, "I got this." He began walking ahead. I felt bad that he was holding my guitar. Fred never offered to carry my guitar when I travelled with it. In fact, he never tried to help me out with anything.