CHAPTER 1

JAE HWA POV  

[august]    

I sat in the middle of sprawled out photos and papers. Some with messy sketches filling the page, others with scribbles across the border, many with little side notes jotted down and most filled from corner to corner of information on school subjects.

 But within the black and white mess were coloured prints of favourite and special photos. They were untouched from the black ink that had invade the other white pages.

 All this was in a small back room of the house. It was a little part of the house that was mine, besides my room. It was attached to the back living room and was with a little wooden sliding door closing it up for privacy. It was painted light blue inside, with big glass doors to outside and also let the sunlight stream through.

  Colourful beads hung up across the top of the glass acting as cellophane. When sunlight shone onto the beads, it projected small dots of colour onto the white carpet.

  On the walls were photos I had taken, because I loved photography. I liked capturing moments. I liked how I could keep special moments and memories in a physical copy. And I liked how I could keep them with me.

  Most of my photos were stuck on, but others where hung on by string. Each wall had little themes and stuck on like a collage. The walls all had photos filling it up, but one. It had been blank, since I first started using the room. I couldn't quiet find what to do with it. I couldn't think of an idea or theme which I could go with. It had been the same for as long as I can remember. It somewhat felt like this room was incomplete…

   I sighed and pulled out the cord connecting my camera to the laptop. I rubbed my eyes. Out of all the photos I had downloaded to my laptop, only a few were really special. Frustrated I closed the editing program. I mean I liked taking photos, but alot of it was of random, quirky things. Trees, grass, the sky, old buildings, lights and whatever else I could find. I liked doing that but most of the photos lacked feeling, and I think that was the only thing keeping that one wall blank.

  I really wanted it to be special. I really wanted that wall to have photos that meant something to me. But I couldn't spend too long on this, because ontop of everything I still had to study for school and final exams.

  Last year of school was certainly NOT fun and games. It was quite the opposite. Occasionally I would go out with friends but besides that I was locked up in my room reading text books and writing notes. It was only the beginning of the year and I was already really stressed.

  I guess that’s why I like photography so much. Took my mind off things and let me relax a little. My camera had been collecting dust recently. I hadn’t used it in a while. I wanted to but I couldn’t because of.. School.

  I heard my mum tapping on my door.

  "Jae Yee get ready soon!!" She said.

  "Why?" I asked.

  "Myung Soo and the rest of the family will be here soon!!"

  "Okay." I sighed and left everything where it was. My mum hated how it was so messy, but I liked it. I knew where everything was so it didn't really matter.

  I forgot they were coming. And they I mean MyungSoo and his family. Yeah THE MyungSoo from Infinite, the very famous K-Pop band.

  Our families hadn't seen each other since they debuted in 2010 but we were still very close. But for me and L we hadn't actually spoken from when I was ten, so its been a while.

  We were having dinner with his family. And I overheard there were a few extra guests.

  I remembered he was very shy when we first met. He didn't talk a lot but after a while he came round. We laughed together, ate together, did stupid things together. We would practice our icy stares to see who would win.

  We weren't half as close as we use to be, but maybe that would change.

   I only told a selected few friends about knowing them and that was it. Nobodyelse knew about my connection. I didn't tell a lot of people because I didn't want to be dragged into the gossip around Infinite. Another reason was because I am 18 and this year was my last year in school and I was determined to steer clear of drama so I could focus on studying.

  Although I wasn't a crazy Inspirit like my other friends, I did like their songs.

  My little sister, Yoo Jin, was sitting with on the couch with my twin brother, Woo Jong. She was nine while he was, obviously, the same age as me.

  Little Moju was chewing on an old slipper of mine. The puppy was only 5 months old. He was black all over with light brown socks on all four feet. His ears had a light tinge of brown at the tips too. Above his eyes were two little dots of brown. He looked up at me happily, I smiled and picked him up. He held onto the old tattered shoe with the corner of his mouth.

  I helped out Mum with dinner. It smelt really good. I nicked a small piece of chicken for Moju.

  I went back into my room to change. Even though we had the air con on you could still feel the heat lingering about. I chose a pair of denim shorts and a loose tank top. I chucked my hair up in a bun and ruffled my front fringe.

  I heard the door open and close with a bunch of footsteps shuffling into the house. I heard Moju bark happily and people greeting each other and loud, happy laughter, no doubt from my mum.

  I slipped a few bracelets onto my wrist and walked out quietly.

  I carefully closed the door. All of a sudden I was really nervous. What if Myung Myung had changed?   I use to be so excited whenever he came over to play. I wanted to be but I wasn't sure... what if he had changed? It had been eight years.

  Could I still talk to him normally?

  I walked out to the living room after a good few minutes of pacing back and forth in the corridor. Moju ran to me, and danced around my feet, just before I came into view.

  "Jae Yee!" Aunty called.

  I smiled and greeted her.

  Then I noticed seven handsome boys standing in front of me. And ofcouse my mum forgot to mention that the rest of Infinite were coming to dinner.