fixing things ✫ b.b.

»SIT STILL BARNES, it's been a while since I've done this.«

»So have I.«

»Come on, you can't tell me you did that back in your days. No way.«

»Actually, I did, and I was quite neat with it. Could you just-«

»Yeah, yeah, I'm on it.«

As Steve was walking by your room, he overheard this conversation and stops in his tracks.
He furrows his brows and goes a few steps back to lean his ear onto your bedroom door.

»Could you stop?«

»I'm not even doing anything!«

»Stop stretching it! It's so big already!«

Steves eyes widen in surprise and all kinds of scenarios play in his head.
What are you doing in there?
After a few seconds silence, he presses himself even more intensly against the wood, so that he won't miss a word of what you're saying.
Soon, he is joined by Natasha, who seems confused as hell at why he is standing in front of your room, seeming to eavesdrop, she nearly laughs, until Steve shuts her up with his hand on her mouth and tries to silence her.
She simply licks his hand and he looks at her with his furious grow-up-already-look which she ignores completely, like always.
He slides his hand over his thighs with a disgusted look.
He pulls out his phone and types in what you two said before to update her on why he was so curious on finding out what was going on inside there.

»Ow, shit! What the fuck was that for?!«

»I didn't do it on purpose!«

»Of course you did, you're doing this all the time!«

»You were the one who asked me for help in the first place!«

»Because you said you were good at it!«

»I am! That's what everybody says! Now shut the hell up, Barnes!«

Both Natashas and Steves eyes widen in shock as they process what is going on behind the door they're standing in front of.
Yesterday while being on a mission, you and Bucky couldn't stop teasing and flirting with eachother, making everyone uncomfortable with your very obvious comments.
Everybody could feel the tension in the room.

»Hey, can you give me a hand with this?«, Bucky asked you from the other side of the jet and you turned around.
You licked your lips with a cheeky comeback on your tongue.

»You know«, you said while you walked over to him and fixed your hair on the way, »If you wanted my hand, you could have just asked me.«

»I just did.« You both laughed in unison and ignored the curious looks of your teammates. Bucky handed you his gun and explained the problem with it, as it didn't seem to work properly.
You were standing very close to eachother, your chests were nearly touching and you could feel his hot breath on your cheek.

»So?«, he asked after a while and even leaned in a few inches closer, »Care to fix it?«

»You or the gun?«, you chuckled as you found the problem and simply rearranged something to make it work again. You knew that he did that on purpose to get to talk to you, but you didn't mind.

»Oh, doll, you could fix me anytime you required. I'm yours.«

You rolled your eyes at the cheesy comment, handed him back his weapon, attempting to shove him back, but he didn't move one bit.
A wide grin spreaded across his cheeks and he watched you with interested eyes.

»Call me doll one more time and I will show you how I fix things my way.«

»Is that a promise?« Steve cleared his throat and tried to get the attention back on the mission, but you didn't break eye contact with Bucky, him neither with you.