nineteen

nineteen// a work of art˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Rin and Yeonjun exited his vehicle and walked up to the hotel's front doors. As they drew to a halt, Rin clutched her baggage.  "I guess this is it," Yeonjun whispered. She gave a nod.

"Thank you for having me over," she expressed gratitude. "Of course, anytime," he said with a smile, softly nudging the woman's stomach. She grinned.  "I'll be seeing you," Rin indicated.  "Right," Yeonjun muttered as he walked back to his car, waving.

Rin entered her hotel lobby and took an elevator to her floor, brought out her apartment key and ramming it into the door.

She opened the door and secured it behind her, looking around her flat. "Rin!" Mito sprang up from the couch and raced up to the woman, tightly hugging her and lifting her into his arms.

He lowered her back on the floor. "I can't believe you seriously left me here for that guy," he exclaimed abruptly, shoving her aside and crossing his arms. "Oh, would you quit?" she snapped.

She entered her room and tossed the bag on her bed before turning around and returning to the living room. "So, what happened?" Mito appeared behind the woman and questioned.

"It doesn't correlate to you," the woman sneered. He let out a sigh. "You were in a house full of men; enlighten me." His demeanor became solemn, as it had when the two were living together.

She glared at him. "Maybe if you weren't such an asshole to me and didn't slaughter my family, I wouldn't be such a bitch toward you, and you wonder why I hate you," she growled.

The man remained silent and attempted to remain cool. "I've changed, alright?" He confessed. "Prove it to me then," she nearly lost it. "Stop telling me you've changed and start showing me," she cried.

"Why in hell would I believe you when you attempted to kill me the first day you showed up?" She inquired. "Because I'm stupid, alright?" He disclosed. "You've still not cared about all of the anguish you've caused me." You thought charging at me with violence was amusing?"

"You are a disgusting, disgusting, disgusting human being." You're revolting. "I told you to leave me alone, you creep," she hissed.

"Oh, Rin..."

"I don't want to hear any more of your excuses. "I'm even trying to help you, despite everything you've done to me," she insisted. Her eyes were filling with hot tears, which she fought back.

"It's mind-boggling that I'm even letting you stay at my apartment. "I can't believe I've let you live here after everything you've done," she carried on.

Mito stared at her as she continued to insult him. He didn't interrupt her since he knew she was right and that he deserved to be treated far worse than how nice she has been to him.

"You're lucky that the authorities didn't believe me when I told them you were psychotic." What did they say to me? "Because we have no evidence against him, we must dismiss this case," she scoffed.

"I've tried turning you in three times, all of which were immediately shut down. "Do you remember when they searched the house?" She yipped.

"You must be very proud of yourself for concealing all evidence against yourself." Making a young girl appear insane. You made me appear crazy when it's truly you. "When something serious happened, the police wouldn't even believe me," she explained.

"I couldn't keep even one friend because of you." "I'd warn them about how horrible you are, and when I brought them over for sleepovers or hangovers, you'd do nothing but manipulate the shit out of them and make me look like the psychotic one," she snarled.

"I can't believe you have somehow possessed the courage to even show your face to me after all these years." She drew her arms around her chest.

"Yet I can't muster the courage to kick you out of my apartment, can I?" She choked up.

Mito eventually decided to intervene. He approached the woman, grasping his hand around her wrist. She tried to pry it away from him, but he wouldn't let her. "Please, calm down," he plead. She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply.

"Are you done yet?" He addressed, while gently holding her wrist in his hand. She fixed her gaze on him. "I'll be taking that as a yes," he whispered, releasing her wrist.

"I told you I was changing, and I am. Allow me time to demonstrate how much I have changed and how much more I will change, since I am bound to mature as a person. You're probably wondering why I've returned to you. "It wasn't just because I love you," he confessed.

"I returned because I feel best when I am with you—," Mito was cut off. "Yeah, right. Why would you then abuse me?" Rin intervened.

"Please, I didn't interrupt you once. "Please let me speak," he urged. "It's because I was a sick and twisted person back then," Mito explained.

"Still are," scoffed Rin.

"I deserve that," he reasoned, nodding. "I understand you don't believe me because I attacked you when we met after all these years, and I really don't have an explanation for why I did that," he admitted.

"It's because you're mentally ill and unstable," Rin explained.

"I'm aware," he advised, shooting her a glare. "Wow, that's fantastic that you're finally aware of being a piece of shit; congratulations!" She remarked sarcastically.

"Rin, seriously?" he asked, sighing.

"What? "Upset that I can't sympathize with you?" She chuckled.

He sighed, rubbing his temples. "I got the job," he addressed himself at random. "Good for you," she said as she walked toward her bedroom. "Have a nice rest of your day," she muttered sarcastically before closing her door.

"That went well," Mito mumbled as he collapsed on the couch, hand on his forehead, staring at the white ceiling.