Tiktok

First of all here is a shameless self promote. 

I'm on tiktok, my name is vic.ratcliffe_000. 

If you have tiktok please follow me on it I promise you my posts aren't too bad. I post mostly Christian content but part of being a Christian is also being a person so I also post things about the rest of my life including my family, my love for Disney and Marvel and books. But there is also lots of Christian stuff. So again shameless self-promote please go and follow me there.

Now more about Tiktok first of all my adventures of tiktok. I would like to thank the young people I was working with the peer-pressuring me into getting tiktok ages ago but specifically to two kids. One of which taught me how to use tiktok and filmed my first video and the second one who was the first to follow me and like my first video. I love you both (although I'm about 99.9% sure they will never see this) 

So yeah I posted my first video the weekend before I came back home due to Covid-19 and ever since them I've been posting videos most of which are me just being silly and awkward, you know like normal. 

At first I wasn't really for tiktok and I was definitely one of those people who said I would never get it and that it was rubbish and well I was just against it. Then the person who I was working for said that to connect with the young people we need to take an interest in what they like and the majority of young people had something to say about tiktok and most had an account there. So I downloaded it and made an account and for months it just sat on my phone there for me to say yeah I have tiktok but I didn't use it at all. 

Then I started to watch a couple of videos there but nothing much until I was on Sunday school one week and was running out of ideas because there was only one little girl there and she was speeding through everything I had planned. So I decided to make a tiktok on the story we where doing about (Spoiler that's not exactly what happened) So she showed me how to use the app and we started making the video re-telling the story. I cant remember what story it was but is that important. Anyway after a while of trying to make the video we instead opted to just make a silly video of me pretending to stop the rain to this song about being a bad girl or something. Yeah it was stupid and probably not the best thing to do but she will always remember the time she spent Sunday school making a tiktok and hopefully remember the story from that week. Well that's what I hope anyway.

Anyway after that Covis-19 hit bad and I was sent home just before the lockdown came into full force. While at home my mum got my little sister an account and herself an account in the process and what's the first thing we did, make videos of us doing actions from church  songs. Yep great-great-brill-brill and about two others. I then started posting daily videos from challenges to dances that I had leant and even a story time of my teddy and sister. Watch it it, it does make sense. 

I then took some time of as I started to get stressed about not posting that days video which isn't good for anyone. After about a month of not posting I started posting again but I no longer feel like I need to post everyday and I don't get myself too stressed about it, which is a lot better for me. 

Well that's my storey of my account and how it is going but tiktok is about so much more than that which is what I'm going to talk about now.

The Christian side of tiktok is amazing they are so many Christians sharing content on the app and all of them are amazing and sharing Gods love which is awesome.

They are a few types of Christian tiktokers they are the ones which post funny videos about life a a Christians such as things all Christians can relate to, or types of people in a church and not forgetting numerous chair stacking videos. These are really good videos to watch whenever you are feeling bored because they are funny, clean, light-hearted videos to watch which most Christians will be able to relate to in at least one way. 

Next there are the ones who post videos about Gods word and specifically the bible, they are videos  bible passages on specific themes, videos just on bible passages and videos just talking about Gods work and love. These videos are really good to watch whenever I'm needing to feel closer to God but as they are always reminding me they are not a replacement for personal God time and bible study although they have helped me a lot in so many different areas. Also in the category they are so many people which post videos that are basically help for Christians. I really don't know how to describe them but they have really helped me and I think these are my favourite kind of videos on the app.

Then we have the worship leader or potential worship leaders. This is basically those Christians on tiktok who have been blessed enough to be able to sing or have any musical ability at all. They post covers of worship songs or sing secular songs as worship songs. I love one rendition of a camp rock song as a worship song. Its amazing how talented these people are and I love just watching these videos and worshiping along with them for 60 seconds. Now also in this musical, talented group they are the dancers. Tiktok wouldn't be tiktok without tiktok dances and the Christian community has taken this in their stride and they are so many Christian tiktok dances, the Christian renegade, dances to worship songs and as I have taken part on Christians sharing kids songs and actions with the wider tiktok community. 

We also have the Christian tiktokers who are part of fan groups such as Marvel, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Hamilton and so many ore all of them use fandoms to spread Gods message and are really good. These people usually post a mixture of everything and are usually in cosplay which I think in awesome. I love these pages to watch when I'm just feeling bored and are again light-hearted, clean and normally funny. I think it takes a special talent to be able to relate Christianity and Gods love to Marvel and other fandoms and would love to be able to do this but I'm me so it will probably never happen.

Then they are the individuals like me who post mixtures of everything, dances, challenges, gods word, funny videos (Ok I don't do many of there I'm not exactly funny). These are usually just Christians who have tiktok and want to post videos. Most of them are amazing because they don't usually have massive followings to its easy to just make friends with them and interact more personally.

Then we have the pages. So on tiktok there is the hype house which is a group of young adults living together making tiktok's so the Christian community decided why can't they do that so they have been numerous pages set up who may not live together but run pages together. These are awesome and its amazing to see different people come together and make something brilliant. Most famous in the tiktok community is the Praise house but then they has been m=so many other renditions of this some specific to certain, country's, states, whatever. Some pages bring together people from different country who would usually never meet and they run the page together. Personally I'm part of a page like this it is a lot smaller than other tiktok Christian group pages and they are just two of us but I think its pretty good. 

Again shameless self promote Our page is called christianpraisehouse. 

They are also pages which form group chats on Instagram or snapchat and run the group chats from tiktok. Its really fun to be part of these group chats and I think they are amazing. 

So that's basically a summery of Christian tiktok and they are all really really good at spreading Gods message to atheists, reminding Christians of Gods love and cheering people up and making them laugh. So yeah personally I love tiktok and Tiktokers and the work they are doing for God and I think that's in an excellent platform for Christians to be apart of as most young people and even adults have heard of tiktok and a lot of people have an account. So yeah its an amazing way to interact with young people and spreads Gods message at the same time. 

On a completely separate note I'm in the process of writing my books so I have taken them down for the time being. This is my only published book at the moment. But I will hopefully be uploading the books as soon as I have finished writing and editing them. I'm currently on chapter 11 I think. 

Also my brother has a new book out where he is requesting prompts for short story's. For more information please head over to his profile and read the book "Mind dumps". Head over to the comments where I've tagged him. 

God Bless
Victoria xx