Chapter 9

I wake up to the hum of a machine and my mum sitting on the chair next to me with Simon asleep on her lap. "Mum," I mumble.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" my mum sits up and gives me a glass of water from the side table. I nod confused, my head pounding. I sip the water not realizing how thirsty I was.

"What happened?" I ask softly, the pounding in my head making me wince.

"You mean you don't remember anything?" she asks anxiously. I shake my head slowly. Why did she look so tired? And why where her eyes so puffy. "There was an accident. At Oscorp. Your sister and dad was there. Do you remember anything now?"

I shake my head again, even more confused than before. "What accident? And why at Oscorp? Wheres Gwen and dad? Are they okay? Mum? Whats going on?" She didn't answer. She didn't answer any of my questions. Her eyes just filled with tears. "Dad and Gwen. They're okay right?" I ask shakily. "Mum." She got up from her seat and placed Simon down gently to sit next to me, hugging me as tears soaked my shirt.

"I'm so sorry." she whispers, brushing my hair as tears wrack my body.

****

I woke up the next morning, my eyes sore from crying. I think about what my mother and the doctor told me the day before. 

There was an accident. 

My father, Gwen and I were there.

 Dr. Connors was involved.

 He was imprisoned.

 My father was killed.

Gwen was killed.

 No one was sure of details of what happened.

 I lived. 

I have amnesia. 

I sighed back into the hospital bed, my head pounding. I just couldn't make myself remember what happened. Why was it only the four of us there? Why was Dr. Connors involved? Why couldn't I remember anything? How was my father and sister dead? 

I sighed again sitting up, I couldn't sit for a second longer. I needed answers. There were too many blanks in my mind and I needed to fill them with answers before I went crazy. The doctor and my mother said that my mind was too fragile for all the answers but I know my body better than they do. I moved to the side looking for shoes to put my bare feet into when I heard deep soft voice.

"Should you be doing that?" I turn to see a cute tall guy with messy brown hair that stuck in all places and beautiful soft hazel brown eyes. His hands were stuffed in his pocket and he had a shy but confident vibe. "Your mum said you should be moving around." He smiles softly before it slipped from his face completely, walking further into the room, "I-" Completely confused at the appearance of a cute random boy walking into my hospital room I cut him off.

"Who are you?"

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING. THIS IS THE FIRST FANFICTION THAT I'VE EVER COMPLETED SO I'M QUITE PROUD OF MYSELF. 

If this becomes something then I will write a sequel but for now it'll stay like this while I try a few other things. I want to expand my writing in every way I can and become the type of writer that will write something that people will enjoy to escape from reality. 

Pray for me and my writing. 

Stay Golden and spread love!