03. 𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘶𝘳

CHAPTER THREE.

mitch the chauffeur

"Miss Lewis."

The brunette softly groaned, yanking the covers wrapped around her even higher. One of her legs was above it, basking in the cool air that the AC in her bedroom provided. Last night had been so warm that she had tossed and turned for hours, making the brunette actually contemplate sleeping in the bathtub.

"Go away," she mumbled when she heard the voice call her name again. "I'm asleep."

"If you were asleep, I don't think you would be talking to me."

Angeline's eyes snapped open when she realised that it wasn't her brother or father trying to wake her up. She probably should have realised when they called her 'Miss Lewis' rather than her first name, but her sleep deprived brain hadn't even acknowledged it at the time.

Mitch was standing beside her bed, dressed in his usual black shirt and dark blue jeans, his arms folded against his chest and a neutral expression written across his face.

Angeline nearly jumped out of her skin, sitting up and pulling the covers over her chest. Thankfully, she hadn't been hot enough to sleep naked last night, but she had been hot enough to wear the smallest crop top and cotton shorts she owned.

"I apologise for coming into your room, Miss Lewis, but you weren't waking up when I knocked your door," Mitch's rough voice filled her ears as she looked around, confused and dazed. "Mr Lewis told me to wake you."

"Wha- What time is it?" The brunette questioned, unsure why the house was so silent when normally in the mornings it was filled with her father yelling down the phone whilst he got ready to go to his main office.

"Eleven in the morning, Miss Lew-"

"Oh my God, please stop calling me that," Angeline cut him off, brown eyes widening when she realised what he had said. "Awh, bloody hell. I'm so fucking late."

Mitch's lips parted in shock when the teenage girl scrambled out of the covers, darting over to her closet. All he saw was a flash of skin and the smallest pyjama set in the world, causing his head to immediately flip away. Mitch cleared his throat awkwardly to remind her that he was still in the room, turning his back to the closet where she was searching for clothes.

"Mr Lewis instructed that I call you 'Miss Lewis.'" Mitch tried to ignore the fact that he had just seen Angeline practically naked.

"I don't care what my dad says." He heard her faint grumbles. "Y'know he doesn't believe in taxing the rich? You shouldn't take anything he says seriously."

Mitch smiled faintly, a small breath coming from his nose. Angeline really was something... different; a huge contrast to her father and brother who had been pushing him around nonstop since he started working for them nearly four weeks ago now.

Mr Lewis had warned Mitch about Angeline. He said she wanted nothing to do with the family business, that she was ungrateful for how hard they worked, and only ever messed around with her friends.

So far, upon meeting the teenage girl, Mitch had made a few assumptions. Angeline wasn't ungrateful for the money, she just didn't think it was everything. She seemed happiest when she teased her brother and Mitch yesterday at the pool, so he guessed she was honestly just looking for some attention in a family that didn't really care about each other at all.

"I suppose my dad said you're dropping me to school today?" Angeline asked, moments later retreating from her closet dressed in a ditsy summer dress and some white converse.