𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐗

࿔・゚*࿐ ˏˋ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐗 ˎˊ 

────019, requiem for a dream

THERE WAS ONLY ONE SMALL FLAW IN THE POGUES' PLAN, taking form in the seemingly treacherous Sarah Cameron and the heralding wrath of Kiara.

That much was made apparent now more than ever before, as Cleo finds herself in the awkward predicament of being trapped between the rift of Sarah and Kiara with no means of escaping it herself. After their novel find of the well beneath Ms. Crain's home, they had regrouped at John B's home later in the day only for the boy in question to appear with Sarah by his side. Cleo is positive the situation is worse for Kiara who is now pacing the porch of the Chateau with an air of frustration, outraged at the mere sight of the Cameron girl, and even worse for Sarah, the girl now sitting on the old sofa on the Chateau's porch with a blank expression on her face as she stares anywhere but at Kiara. It must be awful for the both of them, though certainly for Sarah as she sits as the odd one out amongst Cleo's group of friends, a shining Kook "slumming" it with Pogues.

"No effing way." This heated scorn comes from Kiara, the furious look in her eyes making even Cleo squirm in her seat.

Admittedly, it's odd to see her there even for Cleo, though she hasn't said a word since Sarah's arrival. Instead, she's off to the side with JJ and Pope, with JJ seated in a battered velvet maroon armchair and Pope sat on the edge of the small table next to it. Cleo is perched on the other side of the chair on the armrest and draped against the back of it, and JJ had taken the liberty of propping his elbow on the girl's knee to drop his chin into his hand as he silently surveys the calamity unfolding before him. John B is also there, now seated on the complete opposite end of the sofa Sarah is on, grimacing up at Kiara.

"You brought her here?" Kiara asks hotly. "So what? She's in on this now?"

A beat of silence passes, in which time John B turns helplessly to look at Cleo and the others. Pope only simply shrugs, shaking his head as he murmurs, "I dunno," but even Cleo has the feeling that neither of the boys want to involve themselves in this fight, as neither does Cleo.

"Look," JJ muses, "all I care about is her cut━━" He points swiftly at Sarah, "comes out of your share━━" He points lastly at John B.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," Kiara admonishes. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say," Pope speaks up meekly, "I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."

"Thank you!" Kiara exclaims.

John B sighs, clearly aggravated. "When are you not uncomfortable?"

"Well, I dunno!" Pope retorts sardonically. "I rode to Cleo's on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably before coming here."