Chapter 2 : A day out

Hi! Thanks to everyone who is reading this and thanks to Squid for editing! um so some notes,

I am a musician, I have been playing the violin for just about 4 years now.

My friend Roland is an excellent musician and a close friend of mine

Squid and I get mistaken for a couple often and it is rather annoying

um I think that is all. Sorry for any typos and stuff and enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madeline groaned and rolled over. the sun shined through the slightly parted curtains. She shifted...she felt like a she today but that could change in a matter of moments. Madeline tugged at the warm quilt that covered her. She heard a groan from the otherside of the bed than a pulling of the blankets and a thud of a body hitting the floor. She yawned and sat up. She blinked blearily. Looking over to the edge of the bed she found Squid, looking quite disgruntled. Madeline laughed....thought for a moment and then decided that he was feeling male. Squid looked at him and yawned and mumbled out a good morning before picking her small frame off the floor and dusted herself off. Mack slid himself out of the bed and stretched. His long curly hair had knotted itself and he called for a maid to bring hot water as to help untange his hair. After that was done he turned from the basin to see Squid sitting in a chair reading a book. A gothic horror. Mack sighed.

"You don't need that, you have plenty of horror in your life already" he said laughing then he headed across the room to where the wardrobe was. He pulled out a dress in a light pink orange that was simple and held it twored Squid. He kept cloths for her in his closet. she would often stay in his room due to the late night activies of ghost hunting and murder sloving they got up to. Squid grimaced at the long dress and looked at Mack.

"Why am I wearing this?" She asked gingerly taking hold of the dress. "Because..." Mack said rummaging through the wardrobe "We... are going to the music hall today!" Squid groaned but got up, putting on the dress as Mack rummaged through the wardrobe looking for his coat. "help me with the laces in the back" she said. Mack had found the coat he was looking for and turned to help her lace up the back of the dress. Squid went to the mirror to fiddle with her hair. Mack donned black trousers and a white shirt, throwing the jacket onto the bed and tying his long hair back. With a huff and a rustle of salmon fabric, squid marched across the floor with bare feet to the wardrobe to find the pair of pink slippers that went with her dress. Mack pulled on his boots and coat as Squid slipped on her slippers. They headed down stairs and into the dining hall where the maid Mary had set out fruit and pastries.

It was around 1:30 in the afternoon, 3 and a half hours after they had awoken. It would take around 3 more hours to get to the music hall in London. Mack and Squid snatched up the pastries and headed towards the front door.

"Mary we will be home late!" Mack shouted to her "Could you have dinner ready for us?" Mary nodded and scurried out of view. Squid and Mack headed toward the carriage that was waiting for them. Mack offered to help Squid into the carriage (because she is short) but she protested and did it herself. He sighed and climbed in after her. The carriage started to move. Squid had finished her pastries and sat across from Mack and looked at him. "So, why are we going to the music hall?" she asked me. I was a musician but Squid, however was not the biggest fan of my type of music. I smiled and folded my hands in my lap. "Well we aren't going to listen to the music, sadly. This gives us a chance to think about the murder of Elizabith, Alexandra, and Emma." she nodded. and looked out the window. We had as long carriage ride ahead of us. about half way though I started to feel motion sick and regretted on making the decision to go to London. I groaned and Squid laughed at me. I glared at her and she just smiled at me. I turned to look out my window.

"How will we know which girl it is" she asked. "Hm?" I replied absent mindedly looking back over at her. "How will we know if it is Emma, Elizabith, or Alexandra?" I blinked slowly and thought for a moment. Well I didn't know yet and sat quietly thinking. Squid quietly waited for my reply. "Well you're the one who is familiar with the 'supernatural' how do we contact them? I can't unravel mysteries with no constant evidence to look at." I finally replied, crossing my legs. She smiled at me and said "We will need to make stops in London today." she said to me and I nodded looking back out the window. my stomach did a flip and I closed my eyes and groaned again. "We will get peppermints as well" Squid said, having pulled out a paper and a piece of charcoal.

We arrived at the Music Hall and I helped Squid out of the carriage. I held out my arm to her as the fashion required. We still had a social standing. she grimaced and took it. We walked up the stairs, paid, and entered the building. "My friend Lord Roland will be playing tonight" I told her. Even though we weren't here for the music I could still enjoy it. we entered a private box and sat down. Squid had slipped off her slippers and curled herself up in her chair and I swung my legs over one of the arms of my chair and settled in. We watched the show. We stayed quiet so as not to disturb others, but we used our hand signals to communicate. I was telling her about the fact that I had seen a very pretty girl dressed in black and with lovely short brown hair when the show was closing to an end. We went backstage to congratulate my friend Roland and I introduced him to Squid as "Lady Beth" and then I told him we must be off. We left the hall in a good mood and Squid gave the driver an address. We arrived at a store and we went in. I looked around the shop . It was full of herbs, salts, and various bottled liquids of many colors. Squid bustled about grabbing different things. I followed behind her peering at the shelves. As squid chartered to me about the girl I had told her about. She said something along the lines of me telling her and I laughed and shook my head. The girl at the front of the shop told us the price and I paid her. She smiled at us and said we suited each other. Our faces went blak and we gave her a look and she nervously rang us up. she stuttered to us about having a nice evening and we left. We were often mistaken as a couple when I was Mack. We didn't enjoy it much and the mood in the carriage home was quiet.

It was around 10:15 when we arrived back at the house. There was food waiting for us and tea. Then came the inevitable conversation of how to deal with the ghost. "I will have to do it myself," Squid said to me, drinking her tea. "Why?" I asked her, putting down my cup. She looked at me as if I was an idiot... I was not. "because it's dangerous and I can't have you getting hurt." she said to me. Her eyes were stormy and serious. She asked Mary to draw her a bath and left. I went up to my room to prepare for the long night ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also it must be said I update whenever. I'm feeling the flow rn so yeah. Thanks again for reading!