Anticipation

Days passed, and Licht's performance was tomorrow, but the house remained silent. Hyde grew more and more impatient everyday and found himself constantly asking Licht about how his practice was going. Each time, Licht would respond with one word answers, shrugs, or claiming that, "It will be fine."

Frustration built up as a pressure on the bridge of his nose, and a pain on the back of his eyes. He didn't like it when things were different. The only time things changed was when tragedy or problems occurred, and Lawless had had his share of problems. He walked into Licht's room without knocking, and found his Eve writing in his music book, stretched across the floor. Lawless walked over Licht to look at the notes he was writing in the book, casting a shadow over the page. Licht realised his Servamp was above him, and immediately slammed the book closed, "What the fuck are you doing Hyde?"

Hyde reached for the book, "What are you writing? Is that your new piece? Can I see?"

Licht skilfully slid the book under his bed, while turning over onto his back at the same time. With a swift kick to the gut, he sent Lawless flying backwards into the door behind him, "It's rude to pry, but I guess demons don't care about privacy. Maybe that's why you never have a girlfriend."

Lawless dusted himself off and shot Licht a glare, "That's not a path I want to go down right now, Licht."

Licht stood up to move to his bed, "I'm just saying, it's been a while. Why don't you keep an open mind for someone?"

Lawless turned to leave, he felt the deep sadness he carried with him rise, "I don't want anything new. I like the things I have. Nothing has to change."

Staring at the ceiling, Licht rested his head on his arms as he lied back onto his bed, "I sure hope so."

Hyde glanced back, wondering what he meant by that, but decided that he didn't want to continue this conversation. He closed the door behind him and continued the day on his own, humming a tune to fill the silence as he completed chores around the house.

The next day, both boys woke up earlier than usual to prepare for the performance. Lawless made breakfast while Licht used the shower, and the pair ate together in silence; neither of them were morning people, and neither liked to talk after waking up. Lawless dressed himself in a smart outfit, and looked into Licht's room to see how long it would be until he was ready. He found Licht fully dressed, and struggling to tie a bow tie. He walked over to the pianist, "Here, I'll do it. Why do you even try if you know you can't tie it? Just ask for help."

"As if I would rely on you. If I practice enough, I'll be able to do it on my own," he claimed.

Lawless rolled his eyes, but he hummed as he tied the tie and smiled when he noticed Licht watching intensely. He liked doing favours for him. He loved seeing Licht as determined as ever even if it was for something as simple as tying a bow tie.