Not the same.

Lawless left the room before the silence between them became unbearable. He never knew what Licht was thinking, especially right now. Imagine confessing your love to someone through the medium of your life passion, and their response was "I don't know". 

He felt embarrassed, his chest tight with confusion and regret. Could he really love again? He already knew the answer, but fear held him back. Fear that if he loved another, he would lose them again. They were so similar, Licht and Ophelia. The passion they held for the things they do, the dedication they put into every action they made, the way they so easily destroyed themselves for the things they loved. 

Lawless walked up and down the hallway, pacing past the doors. He thought to his final conversation with Ophelia. She was willing to do anything for peace. She was so willing to sacrifice herself for her dream. He didn't want that. Sacrifice amounted to nothing. He didn't want to lose another to a futile dream. He didn't want his feelings to drag him down with those he watched waste away. 

But, it was probably already too late. If he lost Licht...

He shook his head. He held his name tag in his hand. They had gotten it fixed after their battle with Tsubaki, but the lines where they had welded the metal together were obvious. Licht had fought with everything he had that day. Even though Lawless had given up, Licht had broken through the wall between them and sparked new hope, along with a newfound admiration. Licht wasn't the same as Ophelia. He wouldn't sacrifice himself. He continued to fight that day, as he had done his whole life. 

Maybe... maybe it would be okay. 

He stopped his pacing. There was no way to know for sure it would be okay. Again, he never knew what Licht was truly thinking. But, he had fallen in love with Licht's strive for life, his strive for continuing on. And maybe, after thousands of years, he could take the risk. 

He walked over to his Eve's room, and opened the door again. Licht had returned to the seating position Lawless had found him in the first time, but this time his eyes were already focused on the door that Lawless had entered from. He had been waiting.

"Licht, I... I want to try again. I want to trust again. I want to lo- I want to have hope again." Licht remained expressionless, and Hyde felt his embarrassment return. 

He was about to continue when Licht finally spoke, "I wont leave you know. You act like I'm going to run out on you any second," he said in a blank tone, as if it was the most obvious thing on earth, "I'm not going to simply give up on something I want. I wouldn't be here today if that was something that ever crossed my mind. So stop acting like I've become someone else. Trust again."

Lawless couldn't stop the pain in his throat from flowing out in the form of tears. He was right. Licht wasn't like her, nor would he change into her if he was something Lawless loved. It would be okay. 

And then, just like something out of a Fan Fiction, Licht broke character and enveloped Hyde in his arms. Lawless was almost too shocked to return the gesture, but when Licht tightened his arms around Hyde even more, Lawless knew this was a promise. A promise of support, and a promise of never leaving. 

They let go, and Licht spoke while Lawless was left speechless, "When I said nothing had to change, I meant it. Never hug me again, I hated that. It was for you."

Lawless let himself laugh. Licht wasn't perfect, but he was enough. He was what Lawless wanted. He knew it would be a while until he could completely let himself fall for Licht, and so did Licht. Licht wouldn't rush him, and Lawless would learn to love again. And that wasn't perfect either, but it was enough. 

A/N:
Okay I'll admit I kind of lost my spark with this story and it definitely shows, but what can you do. You have to have some bad writing days in order to produce some of the best ones. I hope it was okay despite the drop in quality, love you all.