Strange

She was still in shock at the revelation. Her father had a lover and no one knew about it well except her that is. She spotted Steve immediately and walked to his side.

"Where have you been." He asked as soon as he saw her.
"I just went to look for the loo." She shrugged. He was standing with  two of the friends she recognized from his party.

"You remember my friends? Franklin and Kenneth."
"Yes I do such a pleasure." She extended her hand and they both kissed it.

" I hope you are enjoying yourself so far."
Franklin asked Stella.
" Well yes I am." She gave him her best smile.

" Kitten why don't you dance with me." He made his arm in a hook manner so she would put her hand through.
" Sure ."she slid her hand through and walked with him to the dancefloor.

The music played as couples danced on the floor. Steve placed his hand on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulders as they swayed to the rhythm of the music.

"You look... distant. Is anything the problem?" Steve said as Stella stared at nothing in particular. She snapped out of her trance and looked at him.
"No,no... don't worry."
"Stella?" He looked at her with furrowed brows. He hardly calls her Stella so when ever he did she just knew she had to tell him what he wants to hear.

" I...erm... Steve..well.. well...I need a drink." She said immediately leaving his grasp and rushing outside. Steve knew at once that something was troubling his sister but he also needed to give her space.

He can't continue to pressure her in saying something. He watched as she exited the building to the balcony.

Stella stood outside as the fresh air hit her smooth pale skin. The balcony was occupied by a few people and was eeriely quiet just how she liked it.
"It seems you are not enjoying yourself?"
She internally groaned at the intrusion. She turned to face the owner of the voice.
" Well sir...Vladimir I could say the same to you."

"Since you are also out here."she gave him a tight smile." No acquaintances to keep you company?" She asked.
"Well I do wish to have you as one if you are willing to take up that offer."

" Wow such a nice way of getting your words out."she said sarcastically.
" Do I sense some sarcasm?" He chuckled and she smiled at him.
" Well my lady I wouldn't flatter you with meaningless words. That doesn't go with your caliber." He smirked.

" Well Vladimir  I don't seem to be  interested in your ordeal so I would suggest you look for someone more willing." She concluded and looked away from him.
He sighed and just stood with her silence reigning amongst them.

Stella internally sighed and said to herself that it was going to be a long night.
***
"My emblem of beauty today I make my intention known to the world and to you. As I give you this ring I promise to be  there whenever you need me,to always support you and to be your strength whenever you are weak. I love my pixel."
Stella read the last pages of her now finished romance novel.  She placed it on her bedside table and went to the library to get more.

She walked along the familiar path to the library. Upon reaching there she saw Susanna through the ceiling to floor window and thought to call but stopped when she saw her talking to a strange looking man .

She squinted her eyes to get a better look and realised he had the same figure as the man she had seen coming from the stables the other day.

They were talking in hushed voices and acting strange. She gave him a small sack and he quickly shoved it in his coat then left quickly. She wondered how he even passed  security.

Shrugging nonchalantly,she went to the library and searched for more books to pass the time.
The ball the family attended was organised to initiate the crown Prince into the royal council and her family being a respected one was invited.

After she had spoken to sir Clin... Vladimir the previous night, the initiation ceremony began and all council members welcomed him with a handshake and bouquets of flowers.

It ended late in the night so everyone departed to their various homes right afterwards. Stella had been in the house since she woke up. Since her father had prevented from going anywhere she was forced to read the unfinished novels she had put on her side table.

She had not seen her father since that time and she wasn't planning on seeing him. Picking her desired books,she headed for room.

The sight she met wasn't what she expected at all when she entered her room.
"What are you doing here?" She asked the figure sitting on her bed. He just looked at her and smiled ignoring her question.

Placing the books in her hand on the dresser she walked towards his direction.
"Because of you I'm stuck in this ....house!" She fumed. He got up and stood in front of her towering over her.

"I heard about it that is why I came to apologise." He said looking into her eyes.
" Your apology apparently isn't going to change anything." She countered maintaining her stance.

He looked  at her fierce eyes and his chest clutched with so much emotion.
"Besides how did you enter. There are guards at my window."she furrowed her brows waiting for his answer.

" I think anything can prevent me from seeing my favourite person."he said.
" That doesn't answer my question" she pushes ignoring the fact that he refered to her as his favourite person.

"They were asleep, so I saw my chance and grabbed it." He answered truthfully.
" Besides I don't see them as  beneficial anyway since they can't even do their job well. Why would you sleep on your job when you are to keep your master or mistress safe."

She went to the window to confirm his allegation and was surprised to see that he was indeed telling the truth.

She sighed and went to sit on her bed, massaging her forehead as she felt a headache emerging.