Chapter 7

"Do you think I was too harsh?" Type asked Techno over a table filled with cheap street food. Type hadn't left his home for three days, he didn't answer his phone or talk to anyone other than his parents and he was grateful for the peace. However that peace was short-lived when Techno came to his house and dragged him out, Type tried to resist but with Techno's dragging and his parents encouragement, the man was out.

"I think you should stop thinking about him. You need to focus on Puifai." Techno told him. Type's face scrunched and he shook his head.

"I can't." Type admitted, causing Techno to sigh in disappointment.

"You love Puifai, right?" He confirmed with the man opposite him.

"Yeah." Type nodded.

"Then forget about him." Techno replied. He continued to pick up small pieces of different dishes and piled them into his mouth.

*

"What's wrong with you?" Lhong, Tharn's best friend slumped over his shoulders, hugging the man from behind. It had been a month since Type had disappeared from his life and Tharn forced himself to meet Lhong and the two had planned to go to a restaurant. But Tharn was spacing out, more than ever before and Lhong was concerned for his friend. He'd seen him similar to this before but never this bad. His eyes were dark and the bags underneath were quickly getting bigger, his hair was a mess which was unusual and his fashion now consisted of jumpers and sweaters and the same pair of jeans.

"Nothing." Tharn shrugged the man off, and Lhong in response sat opposite him. The two were currently sitting in a small restaurant, it was peaceful and Tharn didn't hate it but the feeling that was constantly within was really distracting. Tharn briefly met Lhong's eyes before falling to the untouched plate of food in front of him.

"Come on, Tharn. Tell me." Lhong pushed. He was always like this, it bugged Tharn sometimes, why couldn't he just let Tharn explain when he was ready?

"I don't want to talk about it, I'm going home." He announced. Reaching into his pocket and pulling out some cash and leaving it on the table. Tharn turned on his heels and left a confused Lhong alone.

Tharn was not doing well. He blocked out the majority of people, except from his brother and Lhong. But even they didn't hear the full story. Tharn wanted Type. He needed Type. But he couldn't have him. Tharn understood the pressure, the pressure from society, the pressure from friends and family and the pressure on oneself. He knew how Type felt because he'd felt the exact same way. He struggled with his sexuality for a long time. He wasn't entirely against the idea but the thought of telling anyone, expressing himself and being the real Tharn scared the shit out of him. When he had his first boyfriend it was a rough time, he was new to everything, new to sex, new to relationships and new to hiding. He didn't like having to hide his relationships, holding hands where no one could see or kissing behind locked doors but he knew that if he wanted to feel something, it would have to be that way. Tharn felt differently about the matter now, he had told his friends and family, they were all surprisingly supportive of it and that made Tharn feel a whole lot better. He guessed Type had never spoken to anyone about it. Kept it to himself out of fear of rejection from the people he loved the most.

*

"What do you think of this?" Puifai asked Type who was currently sitting next to her, an arm loosely around her small waist. Dozens of magazines filled the small coffee table in Puifai's living room, all open on random pages, some had thick marker circling items or short words briefly describing Puifai's opinion on something. The magazines were all wedding related and Type found it slightly overwhelming, all the different colours, the suits and dresses and rings were just exploding in his face but Puifai seemed to enjoy the activity so Type just went with the flow.